Stihl 009 parts and IPL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KORNSTER

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have just got my hands on a Stihl 009. Looks to be in nice clean condition, but is missing the carburettor and some throttle linkage.

I'm not seeing any replacement carburettors available online to buy. Plenty of rebuild kits, but no complete items. I'm currently watching a hammered old saw on feebay with view to buying it for parts and refurbishing the carb.

Do Stihl support these saws with spare parts? I havent seen any aftermarket replacements yet. Any ideas fellas?

I'd be interested in an IPL of this saw if anyone can help.

Thanks

Going through my box of chainsaw parts from the "missing years", and I see I have a dissembled 011 and an 012 (life events). Looking through my files, I see I have the service manual for the 009, but I don't have the IPL . Anyone have a copy? Thanks!

I have just got my hands on a Stihl 009. Looks to be in nice clean condition, but is missing the carburettor and some throttle linkage.

I'm not seeing any replacement carburettors available online to buy. Plenty of rebuild kits, but no complete items. I'm currently watching a hammered old saw on feebay with view to buying it for parts and refurbishing the carb.

Do Stihl support these saws with spare parts? I havent seen any aftermarket replacements yet. Any ideas fellas?

I'd be interested in an IPL of this saw if anyone can help.

Thanks
?
Walbro WT29,WT563, Zama C1S-S1, Stihl 1120-120-0601,1120-120-0605 (Per Walbro site) or salvage saw donor, good luck, biggest problem is no oil pump diaphragms available anymore.

I wouldn’t spend too much time or money on it. Like someone else said Stihl has discontinued the oiler diaphragm so unless you can find one the saw is useless. The fact that Stihl hides their parts lists and discontinues parts at their whim is why I have no interest in their products.

If for some reason you are determined enough to fix the oiler I have the carb and linkage. Actually I have a complete power head that I got running about a year ago. It is complete and probably still runs so let me know if you need anything. It became a door stop because of the oiler.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have an 009 that I use for limbing, and then a 010 and an 012 in pieces from a few years back. I like the lightweight, but the oiler issue is a bummer. Has anyone figured out a substitution/repair for the oiler diaphragm?

Back