• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earthman58

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have found a manufacturer who would be able to make the Nitrile/ Nylon diaphragm part of the 010 - 012 oiler, Part No. 1120 640 3100. I'm hoping that it would be possible to re-use the metal pin and cups from worn out oiler assemblies but have yet to find time to put this to the test.

I usually replace my carburetor and oiler diaphragms every 2-3 years to make sure that the machines stay fit for work. Stihl claim to provide all parts on discontinued machines for up to 10 years and the venerable 010 and 012s have been supported for much longer than this, possibly nearer 35 years.

I really like my venerable machines because they are light, capable and durable designs. No large lumpy air filter to get in the way, just thin filters that can be washed out and reused several times. It would be helpful to know if there is any demand for new oiler diaphragms among members of this site, or any old stocks still available.

If anyone is interested, I have found a manufacturer who would be able to make the Nitrile/ Nylon diaphragm part of the 010 - 012 oiler, Part No. 1120 640 3100. I'm hoping that it would be possible to re-use the metal pin and cups from worn out oiler assemblies but have yet to find time to put this to the test.

I usually replace my carburetor and oiler diaphragms every 2-3 years to make sure that the machines stay fit for work. Stihl claim to provide all parts on discontinued machines for up to 10 years and the venerable 010 and 012s have been supported for much longer than this, possibly nearer 35 years.

I really like my venerable machines because they are light, capable and durable designs. No large lumpy air filter to get in the way, just thin filters that can be washed out and reused several times. It would be helpful to know if there is any demand for new oiler diaphragms among members of this site, or any old stocks still available.

Late, but I would be interested in trying this. Or, if the raw material is available, I am sure standard cutting and punch tools could fashion a reasonable replacement.

Back