• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 011 project or parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This guy is missing his bar cover nut, air filter screw and two carb hold down screws as well as the air filter. Just as I found it. Compression feels medium. Fuel line as hard a a rock.As is $55 shipped ConUS. Parts should be worth more that that.
011 001.jpg011 002.jpg011 003.jpg011 004.jpg

I was not happy with the original picture of the cylinder/piston so took another two. It is still less than I want to show but I can say there are still original machine marks on the piston and the darkness is just an oil residue. It is not scored so should be good with a new ring or maybe as is. Mike
cyl 001.jpgcyl 002.jpg

I have a complete 011 with two brand new cylinders and piston. The crank and bearing assembly was sloppy so put it on hold ten years ago wondering what could be done to restore crank. The bearings seemed close to original specs, but together there was quite a bit of play. It always was low performance, but reliable saw that was useful. Thanks

If you knew as much about saws as you think you do, you would realize that this model is held with one hole and one stud. The stud is unthreaded to locate the muffler
Hey rupedoggy thanks for the info. Learned two things today....1) I didn't realize the muffler on these is assembled this way...I have an 009 that needs a rebuild....now I know what to look for. 2) After thinking about it, I realize that asking about a part they way I asked about this one, especially in the classifieds, is not fair to the seller and is best asked as part of a PM. I am not an expert (although I sure would like to think that I am). So looking back on my post, I realize what I did and I do apologize. Also, as a knee jerk I had originally responded to post #10 a bit differently. If anyone out there, including you rupe, saw my response then I also apologize to you and everyone in the readership. In the future I will be sure to strongly consider what I am typing and try my best to make sure it is not written in such a way as to shed a bad light on anyone or anything they are selling.

Back