stihl 015 service manual download?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I too get one of these pdfs? Been looking to fix my 015l for a long time but with no luck. Thanks a ton in advance!

Recovery.ITunes at gmail

I'm new to this so be patient! I'm looking for a decent 8 tooth 1/4" pitch sprocket for my 015l. My wife thinks I should try some chain saw carving and I need to keep it 1/4" pitch so I can get a carving blade for it. Also I'm seeing a ton of posts for the service manual but no real answers on how to get one so any help is appreciated. Thanks to all!

I'm new to this so be patient! I'm looking for a decent 8 tooth 1/4" pitch sprocket for my 015l. My wife thinks I should try some chain saw carving and I need to keep it 1/4" pitch so I can get a carving blade for it. Also I'm seeing a ton of posts for the service manual but no real answers on how to get one so any help is appreciated. Thanks to all!
Check your inbox Bob.

Hello,
I would also like a copy of the Stihl 015L Service Manual.
Please Mr. Benson, since you seem to be the man who has the .pdf, would you also send it to me?
If you can email it to [email protected] that would be great.
Thanks in advance.
David Lund
Gainesville, Georgia

Here's the saw I'd like the manual for. I got it running last year after it sat for well over 20 years.
Stihl 015L Chainsaw.JPG
My former father-in-law gave it to me in 1985. He was a great guy.
David Lund
Gainesville, Georgia

Ok, remove the flywheel. I can do that. How about a parts or service manual. any idea how to acquire those? Thanks for the help with the pins.

Just picked up a shelf Queen 015 at a local second hand store. Compression is 175 psi and I it did get it to run, but the fuel line is toast. Have a part on order, but found that both chain guide plates are missing.
a 015 service manual would be a great help in the refurbishment.

I found a source for Brand new 8 tooth, 1/4" drive sprockets for 015 Stihl saws. They are located in Germany so the language barrier is an issue but I ordered it through eBay, I received a tracking number within a day and was able to track it until it entered customs then the tracking number was useless. I reached out to eBay on two different days trying to locate my order but never received a response ( I only emailed eBay, I didn't call them ). The estimated delivery was between one week and almost a month so I wasn't too worried. About one week before the final date I received my order that surprisingly had to be signed for because it was from another country! The new sprocket and new needle bearing fit perfectly for around $25.00 ( less than I paid for a used one that is half worn out! ) I haven't used the saw yet but this went together with no modifications ( unlike the chamfering I had to do on the new 6 tooth 3/8 drive sprocket I bought for my other 015 ) l don't check my emails often so please try this google search on your own before asking assistance. Just google ( kettenrad 1/4" 8Z passend fur Stihl 015 at saegenspezi ) this will bring up other sites including an Amazon link but the seller I ordered from was saegenspezi. Good luck and have patience. I felt like a guinea pig on this one not knowing if I would get my part and not knowing if it would be the correct one. I'm sure many of you will be happy to find this needle in the haystack!

Here's the saw I'd like the manual for. I got it running last year after it sat for well over 20 years.
View attachment 548645
My former father-in-law gave it to me in 1985. He was a great guy.
David Lund
Gainesville, Georgia

Just picked up a shelf Queen 015 at a local second hand store. Compression is 175 psi and I it did get it to run, but the fuel line is toast. Have a part on order, but found that both chain guide plates are missing.
a 015 service manual would be a great help in the refurbishment.

Check your inbox for ipl, service manual and owners manual.

Recently refound my dad's 015L, and it needs a bit of work. I'm starting to get it apart and cleaned, but any manuals/diagrams/etc. that folks would be willing to share would be most appreciated. I'd love to get her running to have a smaller saw to take around on my farm. Cheers!

Back