stihl 017 possible missing part

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blairito

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a 017 in new condition from my local dealer for free, it had a scrap tag on it, didn't bother asking what was wrong because I like a challenge, took it all apart, the piston looked excellent, didn't take the cylinder apart because upon noticing the pan was the pan for the single lobe shaft, and don't want to mess with the needle bearings
the only visible issue seemed to bee rock hard oil line that was leaking, re:re
from my experience with a ms170 tells me there should be a clutch cover washer 1121 162 1001
can't seem to find the IPL for the old style 017
not sure why I didn't ask for free saws years ago lol
I can't believe the condition of this thing.

I just got a 017 in new condition from my local dealer for free, it had a scrap tag on it, didn't bother asking what was wrong because I like a challenge, took it all apart, the piston looked excellent, didn't take the cylinder apart because upon noticing the pan was the pan for the single lobe shaft, and don't want to mess with the needle bearings
the only visible issue seemed to bee rock hard oil line that was leaking, re:re
from my experience with a ms170 tells me there should be a clutch cover washer 1121 162 1001
can't seem to find the IPL for the old style 017
not sure why I didn't ask for free saws years ago lol
I can't believe the condition of this thing.

I have taken some saws from work like that, but I have to admit that it is a hard pill to swallow to present a customer a bill for 100.00 on a 200.00 saw. Most times those saws end up as parts or in the bin. Off brands are more likely to be binned for lack of dealer support.

Back