Stihl 020avp, original carry case, & original cardboard scabbard value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanoHog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
new to posting on the boards usually just read on here but can find much info at all on the 020avp's. I just got this one for basically nothing and wondering what value might be on it. appears all original and it will run when gas put directly into carb. Any info would be great, because info on saw is very rare and the case and scabbard i have absolute nothing on internet about either.020avp3.JPG 020avp.JPG 020avp4.JPG 020avp5.JPG 020avp2.JPG 020avp6.JPG be in original carry case, and has original cardboard type scabbard. Any idea on value would be awesome!

i googled the case and found maybe 1 other one for sale like a year ago and just shocks me with the amount of stihl stuff out there, that there is nothing on this one.

figured it might be since you cant find them anywhere except one listing and they want $85 for the case

Figured that, just cant find anything on this so thats why im asking here, have no idea where to start if i wanna try and sell it

As a parts saw it is worth $50 to $75. If it is a good excellent runner $150 providing you can find someone willing to pay that. The ms 200's have made those old 020's obsolete .

That 020 is probably a 38 mm engine, with the early style ignition module that is NLA that replaced the points and condenser, 14 in or 16 inch bar 1/4 pitch chain. The tag says quick stop so I am guessing it has a chain brake which didn't work so good when they first came out . I would guess the saw is mid to late 70's. It has been awhile since I have messed around with those 020's. I have a few around here that look just like that one.

As a parts saw it is worth $50 to $75. If it is a good excellent runner $150 providing you can find someone willing to pay that. The ms 200's have made those old 020's obsolete .

That 020 is probably a 38 mm engine, with the early style ignition module that is NLA that replaced the points and condenser, 14 in or 16 inch bar 1/4 pitch chain. I would guess the saw is mid to late 70's.
Well now I said 200.00 and you said 150.00 so its getting narrowed down real close.

The few times I checked e-bay on a 020 runner they were asking $200 and over . That is e-bay . If the seller got that much I wouldn't know because I didn't pursue it .

The few times I checked e-bay on a 020 runner they were asking $200 and over . That is e-bay . If the seller got that much I wouldn't know because I didn't pursue it .
200.00 and take offers slightly under . Thats the best I can tell you. It aint really worth more. For what its worth mine sits as a decoration.

Thats almost what i was leaning to as a good mantle piece, but i need some 026 parts i need funds for so im torn

They are worth next to nothing here in Canada and parts are NLA for the most part. Fuel lines are the first to go. I built two that had been very low hour homeowner saw, sat most of their lives but needed fuel bits and carb builds. Had difficulty getting a $100. each. Add $45 - $50 for the case and count yourself lucky to sell them.

They are worth next to nothing here in Canada and parts are NLA for the most part. Fuel lines are the first to go. I built two that had been very low hour homeowner saw, sat most of their lives but needed fuel bits and carb builds. Had difficulty getting a $100. each. Add $45 - $50 for the case and count yourself lucky to sell them.
Yup not real valuable.

Back