• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 020T w/12” bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saulrwhit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to sell a Stihl 020T. It’s only been used a couple times, comes with 5 extra chains. The original bar and chain are in great shape. I was told it’s worth around $1,300... 58258F41-ED1F-48A4-9348-59A8E5D87717.jpegEDE0AA11-06EF-48EF-AA3A-6B98581C1314.jpeg

Attachments

• 68262E18-D7EC-4B15-9BB0-B49D0EF33290.jpeg
    68262E18-D7EC-4B15-9BB0-B49D0EF33290.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
I’m going to sell it. I got advice from a chainsaw enthusiast to put it on here and get info on pricing. I’m told these are sought after and the only pricing I can find online is $800 for a beat up powerhead and $1,500 for a newer one.

To get max dollar you need to put it on eBay. On here I doubt anyone would go much more than new Ms201t + $200 which I’m sure eBay will eclipse.
Over here a local tree surgeon has a brand new in box unused Ms200t...I think these ‘ultimate’ th saws should be sold ASAP before a new battery bad boy comes out that knocks them off the top spot with the resultant drop in prices. That’s from a users point of view, no idea about the collector shelf queen market.
GLWS

Like folks said, you’re gonna have to eBay it to an idiot to get that money. There are plenty of them out there so you should be fine and will likely get your price. Knowledgeable enthusiasts aren’t going to pay that money for a saw they could build for much less.

I’m going to sell it. I got advice from a chainsaw enthusiast to put it on here and get info on pricing. I’m told these are sought after and the only pricing I can find online is $800 for a beat up powerhead and $1,500 for a newer one.
800.00 for a beat up one No! I can sell you a rebuilt decent one around 425.00 today. I already told you Ebay was your best bet for highest dollar. BTW I know these saws .

Its a local guy that is too old to use these saws. I sold his never used Ms 650 mag and he has an 088 that has been used more than the others with a 5,4,3ft bar and chain combo as well. I didn’t think I’d find “internet trolls”on this site. I am simply helping a guy out and trying to get good value out of the saws. I didn’t believe the high pricing, on the 020, but they were online for those prices, so I had to check.

Selling local won’t bring eBay dollars but will save eBay hassles. That’s definitely worth it versus getting scammed by a BS buyer or having them wreck the saw and then return it for a refund thru eBay. Probably a good call to go local, cash and carry, no warranty. $700 if it is as minty as it looks, with the extra loops, is a fair deal for someone! Good luck with the sale!!

I’d buy that off you at that money in a heartbeat. If I were you I’d put it on eBay tho and maybe get double lol (assuming you have an eBay account and experience with them) GLWS

Thanks for the info, I don’t want to rip anyone off I just want to get what it’s worth. I’m going to put it on my local sites for $700 and then just see what happens..

Thanks for all the help.. it sold in 5 mins at $700
Now watch it go on EBay for 1200.00

Back