• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 024

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stihl 024. Runs good cuts good. Farmertec piston and cylinder. Oiler works, chain brake works.

Really good for soft or small wood. Gotta keep the rpms up on it. If you want to bury a 20 inch in oak all day this ain't the saw for you.

$150 shipped with bar and chain.

IMG_20190107_223515372.jpg

IMG_20190107_222811248.jpg

IMG_20190107_223524966.jpg

IMG_20190107_223531413.jpg

IMG_20190107_224240361.jpg

Thought about giving it to a family member who always needs a little saw around the house but he asks me to take care of it when I'm over there.

Maybe that's more of a reason to give it to him ha ha.

Thought about giving it to a family member who always needs a little saw around the house but he asks me to take care of it when I'm over there.

Maybe that's more of a reason to give it to him ha ha.
I don't like giving stuff to folks, then having to maintain it too, I might as well just go help them out which is what I usually do.
I'll probably sell mine down the rd as I already have a 4300 makita and a ported 241 for the smaller work, but I won't let it go this cheap!

I don't like giving stuff to folks, then having to maintain it too, I might as well just go help them out which is what I usually do.
I'll probably sell mine down the rd as I already have a 4300 makita and a ported 241 for the smaller work, but I won't let it go this cheap!

People take care of things differently that's for sure.

I maintain my own things but not for others.

I had a nice 024 Super and traded it. I found another 024 and this one is staying! Nice little saws.

Dan, you may be a good one to ask. How does a standard 024 compare to an 026? I've never ran an OEM one, this one is a bit down on power next to an 026. They are a smaller saw after all.

Dan, you may be a good one to ask. How does a standard 024 compare to an 026? I've never ran an OEM one, this one is a bit down on power next to an 026. They are a smaller saw after all.
Look the same from a distance...[emoji16]! They are similar but the 024 is a tad lighter and slower. The 026 definitely has more zip and torque. Both are great saws for their intended use. Here's the 024 after the rebuild with the OEM piston. I didn't realize it until later that it was running out of fuel on the last cut. You can hear it leaning out.

Managed to find my compression tester and fittings.

Think she's a little low on compression. 130lbs was the highest I got.

Latest posts

Back