• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026 Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two Stihl 026 saws. Was originally going to make one the parts from both, but both saws seem savable/useable.
Saw 1: 18" Stihl bar, 4 chains spur clutch. 120psi compression. Runs and oils great. I see some imperfections on the piston by the exhaust port that could mean this saw is a piston away from being a really nice saw. There are a couple small cracks, slight melting on the top cover by the muffler, only can see from the bottom. It has a hole in the wire screen that covers the air cleaner entrance.
IMG_20191208_192532737.jpg IMG_20191208_193437069.jpg IMG_20191208_193658733.jpg IMG_20191208_200843465.jpg

Saw 2: 16" Total Superbar in nice shape with 1 chain, has a replaceable sprocket clutch drum. Shows 150psi compression. The muffler is way more open than the first saw but it looks factory. Not sure if its earlier or later saw or a Pro with the wrong badging, will double check for the pro components. It has a cracked rear handle by the rear that hasn't broken totally that looks very repairable to me but it won't hold up to normal abuse for sure. It needs a pull rope and pull handle.
IMG_20191208_214220795.jpg
I'm asking 220 each plus the ride, or will give a break for both.

Forgot to mention, price is negotiable, but I'm struggling with the idea of letting them go.

I know why people love these things, kind of a dream to work on and really run great. I cannot believe how awful they made the MS290 era saws to work on.

Going to throw a pull rope in the one with it missing and use them in the woods this weekend, and post more pics.

Cuinrearview, thanks for the advice there. I have a few well used saws that have 120 psi, figured that was in acceptable range. Too bad I spent what I did.

Anyone want to make any realistic offers on these? I'd be willing to swap the engine to one saw and sell the other as parts too, let me know.

Latest posts

Back