Stihl 026 Tank Vent issue (help needed)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Got my hands on a free Stihl 026 from 1999.

But there are some issues.

It would not run, but that was just the usual carburator issue, so this was fixed, cleaned and the saw ran after that. Great!
Also checked piston, it is in near perfect condition. Everything looks good.

My issue here is, the tank vent is broken, it was leaking fuel when turned on the side and upside down.
I am having doubts which replacement parts to get here.....since I found the tank "valve" in the bottom of the fuel tank.

See pictures.
The red valve, is broken and needs to be replaced, part nr. 1110 353 1600 (Taken from IPL)
But what about the other part, the actual tank vent? Is it missing something? broken?
I have marked the parts in red, see picture.

Any help is, as always, greatly appriciated! :bowdown:

Attachments

• DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    705.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0086.JPG
    DSC_0086.JPG
    610.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Unavngivet.png
    Unavngivet.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 69
I can't seem to figure out if I am missing part nr "25". Tank Vent. Or If my tank vent system just consists of part nr. 22-23-24?
I don't think the saw is the "old" model, and I am pretty sure that part nr. 25, won't fit because of the air filter the saw has. :reading:

Thanks!

To understand.
Part nr. 22 23 24 is a complete tank vent set?

Attached picture is what I have.
But is it just the red valve that is broken. Or should i get All 3 parts replaced?

Attachments

• DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 6
Is there a good way to install this tit back in place? Or is it just strait forward, jam it in method? :chop:

I like to include a vent swap on any Pro-grade saw I re-condition. Just completed a 026 PRO.
The flapper valve is installed from inside the tank. I simply place if on my sticky fingertip (anything oily works = grease). That way the item doesn't fall into the tank, and, the stem is much easier to aim/guide thru the 3/32" port. Once its thru, grasp it with light pliers, tweezers....so as to not yank the stem off. Pulling the valve into seated position is very easy to begin with. A little lube in that 3/32" port makes the change seamless. By the way, does that cover have a retainer on the outside? OR does it snap into the vent ring? This is what is on my bench..... Replace the thimble filter, snap the cover back on, and make chips. Let us know how it went with the vent.................

Attachments

• 20211025_231034.jpg
    20211025_231034.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20211025_231059.jpg
    20211025_231059.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211025_231122.jpg
    20211025_231122.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Hello everyone

It would not run, but that was just the usual carburator issue, so this was fixed, cleaned and the saw ran after that. Great!

My issue here is, the tank vent is broken, it was leaking fuel when turned on the side and upside down.
I am having doubts which replacement parts to get here.....since I found the tank "valve" in the bottom of the fuel tank.

See pictures.
The red valve, is broken and needs to be replaced, part nr. 1110 353 1600 (Taken from IPL)
But what about the other part, the actual tank vent? Is it missing something? broken?

I added to the thread. You are already up and running. I am seeking wisdom as the the ring port on my unit, and yours....My '98 has the same orngae flapper valce. I am missing? the thimble filter and cap.....? How did this all work out?

Hello everyone

See pictures.

The umbrella-shaped check valve is used by several applications. The Holley Pt.#26-41 is the identical, made in the USA part. In my search, the Stihl part was 13-20 bucks. With a little digging, I ordered a pair, for 5 bucks . Still looking for more on the filter cone, and cap?

Latest posts

Back