• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjunky23

Just here for the free beer!
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 026, I have a love hate relationship with.....mostly hate. I have been chasing an idle issue with it. The saw runs good when cutting but it wont idle, I am guessing it's a carb issue but I am not sure. It could be crank seals??? Only other issue is the spring for the operator presence lever slipped off and needs to be put back on. I ran 2 tanks cutting the other day and the saw works good other than the idle issue. I pulled the muffler and all looks good. I would fix it but frankly am in the middle of a move, could use the money, and I don't really like the saw. If anybody is interested let me know, I am in a tough spot on the saw as I have too much money into it. I put a new impulse line, fuel line and filter last fall. Also has a Sugi-Hara bar on it. Will sell with the bar or PHO deal.

Back