• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3B Dave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a nice Stihl 026 that I just rebuilt. New parts include a Meteor Piston, Caber rings, Stihl main seals & fuel line, oil line, Carb kit, fuel filter, Aftermarket Muffler with a mod.
The carb is a Walbro WT-194, with the high screw. Has a near new 3/8 Stihl semi-chisel chain.
The fellow I bought the saw from said it started to lose power cutting. He bought a new saw and sold this to me. I pulled the muffler and found light scoring. A tear down reveled a corner broken off the muffler along with a missing muffler screw. The cylinder cleaned right up, the bearings were good.
I rebuild saws as a hobby. Usually I keep them, the Wife says I have too many. If I want a new cycle, I must make room for it.
$260 plus the ride

Attachments

• Dave Pics 008.JPG
    Dave Pics 008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • Dave Pics 009.JPG
    Dave Pics 009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • Dave Pics 010.JPG
    Dave Pics 010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 145
  • Dave Pics 011.JPG
    Dave Pics 011.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 137
  • Dave Pics 012.JPG
    Dave Pics 012.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • Dave Pics 013.JPG
    Dave Pics 013.JPG
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Dave Pics 014.JPG
    Dave Pics 014.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 113
I have a nice Stihl 026 that I just rebuilt. New parts include a Meteor Piston, Caber rings, Stihl main seals & fuel line, oil line, Carb kit, fuel filter, Aftermarket Muffler with a mod.
The carb is a Walbro WT-194, with the high screw. Has a near new 3/8 Stihl semi-chisel chain.
The fellow I bought the saw from said it started to lose power cutting. He bought a new saw and sold this to me. I pulled the muffler and found light scoring. A tear down reveled a corner broken off the muffler along with a missing muffler screw. The cylinder cleaned right up, the bearings were good.
I rebuild saws as a hobby. Usually I keep them, the Wife says I have too many. If I want a new cycle, I must make room for it.
$260 plus the ride

Just currious- Flippy cap and Screw-on cap tanks combination?

Kind of strange. My guess is that someone changed the tank. It is how it was when I bought it.

Kind of strange. My guess is that someone changed the tank. It is how it was when I bought it.
Yep, flippy caps came out (I believe) beginning with the MS260. Tanks will interchange between the new and old styles, but the caps won't. A flippy cap tank requires and only works with a flippy cap and vice versa. No biggie in my book! Nice looking saw! I've only flipped one saw so far and it was an 026. Not near as nice as yours and only had it on CL for about 24 hrs at $200 before a guy showed up and slapped 10 jacksons in my hand for it...no haggles! You will sell this saw quick!

Back