Stihl 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can switch over the oilers but you need the correct clutch parts to go with it.

I think you can even do it on a case without the passage to get at the oiler adjustment screw, if you grind out your own.

Some 026 people will be able to help with that.

Well, based on that label this saw was manufactured in June of 1999, one of the last ones before the MS260 came out. The carb is likely original.

However, the screw grommet still looks wrong. Looks like someone trimmed the wrong one and jammed it in there. The function of the carb screw grommets is to guide the adjusting screwdriver and seal the carb enclosure to keep dust out. I will attach some photos of how one fits in a MS260. Notice the screw guidance and the tight sealing with the carb box. BTW, the grommets for the 260 and 026 are NOT interchangeable as the tank housings changed with the model update.

The A/F cover with the round knob is definitely the old style but I think it may have been required for the old narrow filter. If you update the air filter / carb you might also have to update the A/F cover. The issue is the latch mechanism that holds the A/F cover on. Someone else may know for sure. I have never really messed with the old non-pro 026's and this is one of the reasons. The other is the non-adjustable engine (NOT chain) driven oiler.

View attachment 765847 View attachment 765848 View attachment 765849
The one I'm working on is not like that and the grommet is oem

WT194

Around $40 on eBay. There are China knockoffs for around $10, but it’s a crapshoot.

The china 194 carb is a complete waste of time. Trust me. I've spent alot of money on trying out the aftermarket world from top ends to carbs. the $50 for an oem wt194 is well worth the money. I keep a few brand-new extras on hand just in case one day they're no longer available anywhere

Back