Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay has an oem stihl 026 adjustable oiler conversion kit. I wouldnt spend that kind of money on one as its really not necessary but some guys are gung ho about using them. For $207 and if you're set on an adjustable oiler I'd probably just buy a 026 pro and then do your mods. Btw 026's respond well to porting.

Heres one of my modded 026's i built. Ported, cut base and squish, timing advanced and MM. 18" bar .325 full comp

Ebay has an oem stihl 026 adjustable oiler conversion kit. I wouldnt spend that kind of money on one as its really not necessary but some guys are gung ho about using them. For $207 and if you're set on an adjustable oiler I'd probably just buy a 026 pro and then do your mods. Btw 026's respond well to porting.

Heres one of my modded 026's. Ported, cut base and squish, timing advanced and MM. 18" bar .325 full comp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/866086936781821/permalink/2145039475553221/

That's crazy expensive for the OEM oiler kit. Stihl dealers have the kit for $60 less. For some reason, the individual parts from Stihl are another $50-60 cheaper than the kit. The pumps themselves are about the same cost, but the adjustable oiler has a lot more extra parts. If you wanted to do the conversion, a new pump and used parts from a donor saw would be the cheap way out.

There is a lot of stuff on Ebay that is much more expensive than you can get from the vendors themselves. I was shopping antenna pre-amplifiers, one listing was twice as much as dealer list price. :dizzy:

That's crazy expensive for the OEM oiler kit. Stihl dealers have the kit for $60 less. For some reason, the individual parts from Stihl are another $50-60 cheaper than the kit. The pumps themselves are about the same cost, but the adjustable oiler has a lot more extra parts. If you wanted to do the conversion, a new pump and used parts from a donor saw would be the cheap way out.

There is a lot of stuff on Ebay that is much more expensive than you can get from the vendors themselves. I was shopping antenna pre-amplifiers, one listing was twice as much as dealer list price. :dizzy:

Oh im sure. I thought it was ridiculously priced too but i didn't research it much as ive never needed an adjustable oiler on an 026 that always sports an 18" bar. Ebay has some good deals and at the same time many overpriced parts

Another vote for leaving the oiler alone. I used to search for the adjustable, but it makes no appreciable difference at all.

Also, you’ll need a different clutch drum if you go adjustable oiler. The standard drum isn’t deep enough to engage the worm gear tang, even if you made a notch for it.

I have all the parts to swap over to adjustable available if you desire. There is a reason I still have them.

Sounds lovely and has a really snappy trigger! I have no experience in modification of saws, but imagine that it will reduce the life of the parts, is this true and if so, how much so?

If the mods are done right the decrease in longevity is very minimal. Gotta make sure your port shapes and chamfers are on the money so you're not eating up the piston skirts and rings. Usually modding means more compression with timing advances which equals more heat but when you uncork the mufflers, some port work, the ability to tune the carb properly, then the removed restrictions from the equation let everything breathe better and most of the time cylinder temps go down

I have the saw guys, its in pretty darn good shape. Piston looks like new. It does have an adjustable 194 carb on it, but no adjustable oiler. I see the conversion kit, no way Ill be spending that kind of money. Hope you all arent dissapointed, but I may be selling this saw. Ive got my eye on another saw and my unload this one to help get it. I may cut a couple cookies tomorrow with the 026, but if anyone is interested in a low mileage 026, it might be sale. Will get some more pictures of it.

20191025_004026[1].jpg 20191025_004209[1].jpg

I have the saw guys, its in pretty darn good shape. Piston looks like new. It does have an adjustable 194 carb on it, but no adjustable oiler. I see the conversion kit, no way Ill be spending that kind of money. Hope you all arent dissapointed, but I may be selling this saw. Ive got my eye on another saw and my unload this one to help get it. I may cut a couple cookies tomorrow with the 026, but if anyone is interested in a low mileage 026, it might be sale. Will get some more pictures of it.

View attachment 768524 View attachment 768525

Is it all oem besides the bar/chain? In all serious if it is then put it on ebay. People are paying ridiculous amounts for good clean oem 026's on there right now. Way more than i would ever pay for one and those are my favorite of the 0 series stihls

Is it all oem besides the bar/chain? In all serious if it is then put it on ebay. People are paying ridiculous amounts for good clean oem 026's on there right now. Way more than i would ever pay for one and those are my favorite of the 0 series stihls
I know, Im one of the ones that paid that ridiculous amount for a 026, $330 + shipping + tax. I just hope I get most of that back if it sells. Saw is 100% OEM.

I know, Im one of the ones that paid that ridiculous amount for a 026, $330 + shipping + tax. I just hope I get most of that back if it sells. Saw is 100% OEM.

WOW..... You're probably going to be taking quite a loss then unfortunately. You could've picked up a nice 036 pro for what you paid for that 026

$650 for a mint 036 Pro, I wanted one of those first, even thought about getting a 034 and converting it. Plenty out there for good prices, but mint ones always go for alot.

That sure is a clean saw, Benny! I’d be all over it but the wifey has put my spending on check. It’s Christmas shopping time with three very expensive kids.

My early 026 $95 CL find. Came with 5 ~75% RS chains.

Was filthy to start with, cleaned up nice.

All OEM, early AF, no decomp or adj oiler, WT-194

DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

The ones covered in the layer of oily fines are the best. They usually hide a pristine saw underneath and the oil preserves the shine.

Yep! Bought my first 026 from a guy I worked with, disgusting. $25 or $50 can’t remember. He said it just won’t run, dumped the gas, new plug and popped on 5th pull. Piston was perfect. Had a 194 on it. Muffler mod and timing advance and it wears a 18” 3/8’s all the time. It will prob be put on the back burner now since I just got my zoo city sawz 026 back from Randy!

Yep! Bought my first 026 from a guy I worked with, disgusting. $25 or $50 can’t remember. He said it just won’t run, dumped the gas, new plug and popped on 5th pull. Piston was perfect. Had a 194 on it. Muffler mod and timing advance and it wears a 18” 3/8’s all the time. It will prob be put on the back burner now since I just got my zoo city sawz 026 back from Randy!

Lucky you man!! The 026s are my favorite saws. I have 3 of them. My 261c will our perform them but I just love the look and the throaty sound of the 0 series of saws.

Back