Stihl 028 AV super wood boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SXR800Blue

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Stihl 028 av super wood boss that starts and runs just fine. When I open it up it goes and ramps up just fine. It will even cut well for about 15 to 20 seconds then it dies. Once it dies I have to wait for a minute or so before it will start up again. Then I have to tickle the throttle quite a bit to get it to run up again.

What am I missing on this? What could be the problem? I just checked the pulse and full lines and they seem to be good.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

That as well as make sure your carb high and low and fuel mix are right. And the potential suspicion is a bad diaphragm/leak, so make sure all other things there are good, but a simple carb soak and clean and rebuild and keep and eye out while your rebuild (plenty of youtube tutorials on that) (K10-WAT part # [Link: K10-WAT (On amazon) ])

When I was rebuilding mine I noticed my carb top plate was warped. I hammered it flatter and then sanded it down. It ran fine after that so I'm sure under higher pressures mine was getting a small air leak. But that's why I say keep your eye open :)

Latest posts

Back