stihl 028 AV super woodboss specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparfan1234

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i just picked up this saw and have been looking for hours trying to find hp and cc specs on this saw i cant seem to find them any one know?

thanks

hello mopar man welcome to as good luck with good luck with the 028 they are a good saw I have two I KNOW THAT it is 47 cc i'm not sure on the hp someone else should tell you more

sorry not to step on your toes here but the book says its a 3.14ci witch is like 51.5 cc since its the super. i wish the book told me the hp rating.

According to a Stihl book
028S
piston displacement 51.1cm
Bore 46 mm
stroke 31mm
max rpm 13000

no hp rating

Does your 028 have a bolt or hook under the sprocket to catch a broke or derailed chain ? Mine does not , no sign of a missing bolt to attach one either. I don't have the OEM sprocket cover , wondering if it was on it originally ?

I got one of the 028 AV Supers also. Let me know if you need the manual, I have one in PDF format.

Does yours seem a little heavy? They are built solid as a tank, and suppose to be a very reliable saw. I just put a 18" bar on mine the other day. Depending on the chain tensioner, if external between the bar nuts like current saws, they are worth alot more, I think they made those the last two years. Like to hear what others think about the 028 Wood Boss and AV Super.

attachment.php

attachment.php

:biggrinbounce2: I guess that .1 hp makes it a clearly different breed .

PHP:
MS280 is a different animal

I understand the stroke and Bore could be wildly different as well as any crank variations and porting differences as well, but that wasn't what the o/p was requesting. :biggrinbounce2:

Like to hear what others think about the 028 Wood Boss and AV Super.

Very solid reliable small saw.I have a real nice 028 Super, and a project 028 Super I am currently building. I also have had a few 028 WBs. I dont find them heavy at all, and my Super responded very well to the mods I did to it.

Very solid reliable small saw.I have a real nice 028 Super, and a project 028 Super I am currently building. I also have had a few 028 WBs. I dont find them heavy at all, and my Super responded very well to the mods I did to it.

Do you know for sure that the Super Cylinder fits on the standard 028?

Do you know for sure that the Super Cylinder fits on the standard 028?

Yes. You can put an 028 super piston and cylinder setup on any of the 028s. The mufflers do differ on some, but as long as you have your original muffler, or a later side exit muffler, you should be ok.

Here's The Ports.....Stock

I got one with a bad piston from a local shop and have now a piston & rings on the way from Bailey's. Here are a few pictures of the stock for now porting. The intake seems very restrictive and has a tiny boot but the rest of the ports look good.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I should have it together and running by Aug.......:)......Bob

:biggrinbounce2: I guess that .1 hp makes it a clearly different breed .

PHP:
MS280 is a different animal

I understand the stroke and Bore could be wildly different as well as any crank variations and porting differences as well, but that wasn't what the o/p was requesting. :biggrinbounce2:
About the only thing an 028S and an MS 280 have in common are they are both orange, and white and the both say Stihl and use a chain to cut with. That's about it.

Back