Stihl 028 Carb Replacement Question or does someone have a good working carb to sell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logeeland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have a bad carb. After a month of fiddling with it. Checking vacuum and pressure top and bottom, tank vent replacement, tried a new coil, rebuilt the carb, took the old car apart again and ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner 4 more times I gave in and brought it to my local shop. There is a known issue where a check valve in the carb body goes bad. So I can buy OEM for $80 but I think for this saw aftermarket is ok. So what have people used and what would people recommend.

Also, does someone have a known good working carb they would like to sell? I can easily rebuild it from the good kit on put into the bad carb.

Thanks!

Jeff

Wt16a, I can look. If you need a known good carb to use to put on the saw to verify it is carb, let me know, I can pull the carb off my old old faithful 028 and let you borrow it if it would help you out.

Wt16a, I can look. If you need a known good carb to use to put on the saw to verify it is carb, let me know, I can pull the carb off my old old faithful 028 and let you borrow it if it would help you out.
Thank you for the offer but I am all set. I ordered a tillotson carb from eBay this evening. I did do what you offered. Well I had my local dealer do it. I have been working on the saw for 3 months and got tired of kicking it around. They confirmed my thoughts. The Tillotson is brand new and should be here this weekend.

Thank you for the offer but I am all set. I ordered a tillotson carb from eBay this evening. I did do what you offered. Well I had my local dealer do it. I have been working on the saw for 3 months and got tired of kicking it around. They confirmed my thoughts. The Tillotson is brand new and should be here this weekend.
Good deal. No oneikes to be a parts swapper, but so etimes you gotta try

Good deal. No oneikes to be a parts swapper, but so etimes you gotta try
I have done it myself if I have the parts lying around. I do it in my day job and in my saws. Very different types of parts too! Sometimes it is the easiest way to diagnose issues.

I have done it myself if I have the parts lying around. I do it in my day job and in my saws. Very different types of parts too! Sometimes it is the easiest way to diagnose issues.
Tell me about it. Had to ask a neighbor to my dad if I could use his 4whheeler to test and swap electrical components onto a customer unit. Found out manual specs and wiring diagrams were wrong compared to actual wiring. How does a guy bill that one? Lol

Tell me about it. Had to ask a neighbor to my dad if I could use his 4whheeler to test and swap electrical components onto a customer unit. Found out manual specs and wiring diagrams were wrong compared to actual wiring. How does a guy bill that one? Lol
Extra hour of labor to cover the case of beer to give to the neighbor?

Extra hour would have been nice. 8 hours was more like it. Yes beer was bought and duely awarded. Amazing how many people will help a guy out in need.

Latest posts

Back