Stihl 028 super av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's toast. Your next step is to figure out your budget for a rebuild. $25 Farmtech or $100 Hyway Piston/Cylinder. There are of course other options.
Well, at least i cant make it worse ! It'll be spring before i have much time to mess with it. Thanks !

I'd just start a new one but it probably doesn't matter. But beware this stuff is addictive if your like a lot of us who enjoy bringing things back from the dead.
I like to tinker around and learn new things, and i just hate throwing good stuff away.

Here's an early 028 service manual in PDF. If you are serious, spend some time reading it over, especially Chapter 3, but I would read the whole thing. It's old but it's reliable. Good luck!
Thank you! I'll print this out and read it. I'm doing a major remodel at home right now, hopefully done by march. Between that and just buying my 576xp & chains, new bar and chains for my old 44, i have to build up some folding $$$.

Latest posts

Back