Stihl 028AV Parts diagram

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1parrothead

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a vintage Stihl 028AV. I am trying to find the correct parts diagram, but every image I find is the wrong 028 model. They all have a very different style of chain adjuster shown in their parts diagram. I have attached a picture of MY SAWS style of chain adjuster. If you know which model of 028 used this type of adjuster, then maybe I can figure out where to find a parts diagram. My saw says 028 AV, and has the style of adjuster shown here.

Attachments

• chain adjuster.jpg
    chain adjuster.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
The adjustment screw shown in your picture is used on the 038, and older versions of the 028. On the newer 028 it is spur gear / chain adjusting screw kit 1125 007 1021.

Older models 028 (except Woodboss versions) up to serial X 16 157 194 use the following:
1120 664 1500 chain adjusting nut
1118 664 1600 chain adjusting screw (the one in your picture)
1118 021 9000 clamping piece

Hello all,
I have a vintage Stihl 028AV. I am trying to find the correct parts diagram, but every image I find is the wrong 028 model. They all have a very different style of chain adjuster shown in their parts diagram. I have attached a picture of MY SAWS style of chain adjuster. If you know which model of 028 used this type of adjuster, then maybe I can figure out where to find a parts diagram. My saw says 028 AV, and has the style of adjuster shown here.
Hey a1parrothead , if you go to the chainsaw forum then click on chainsaw stickeys then scroll down to beg for manuals thread and make your request . Very helpfull guys .

Back