stihl 028av super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawchap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
looking to do my first chainsaw build from the cases up. I ordered a new highway cylinder kit my good friend rmh is going to help me do a mild port and polish on it very excited about the build.

reason I am posting is looking for the size of the bearings for the bottom end to try to resource some good parts I don't want china bearings it aint about the money I want a nice solid saw to sell to the chainsaw enthusiast or someone who thinks my time has a value I guess.

from what I understand stihl bearning an seals are very costly and there are other good companys who sell bearings and seals.

any information would be greatly apricaited

keep them saws ripping

chainsaw chap here:barbecue:

spent some time looking for info were bearings and seals are made for the stihl 028av after market farm teck china no way proline cant figure it out got a call into the local stihl dealer I never used before for prices they aint open today don't blame them. If anyone has some info on were some these aftermarket bearings and seals are made please let me know I am stumpted trying to do my first build from the cases up I just am trying to build a solid saw with a mild port job bare minimum to learn about porting on my dime hope it don't go south that would be a costly mistake but in life I found out it cost money to learn regardless what you do I hope the build goes smoothly plan on building it next month. Mabey by then I will figure out how to send pictures.

merry Christmas everyone and god bless.

saw on bench getting caniblized having a hard time getting the plastic gear of above the the cluch bell it moves about quarter inch and stuck took one bolt out to the pump I guess the plastic gear had a hole In it I guess for that screw anyone fimilur with these saws some help would be apricated. chainsaw chap here:dumb2::barbecue:

got the gear of it was a treaded gear on the pump it came off with a screw driver and some light prying. I am stuck on the flywheel need a puller and I havnt got the clutch of yet going to try a punch today and some hammer. Looking and studying these difrent manufactors I want no parts of bearings from china you no its bad when they wont buy back there scrap metal if that makes any sence.

There is a company sagenspezi whi I believe is german I cant understand what it says that is the closest I got to finding what I would think is a quality part not sure exactly I don't speek german and on ebay it was in a difrent langwage. anyone noes where the company proline is made please speak up farm tec is in china. so there out for me. well researching saws and trying to learn hope everyones saw projects are going ok looking for some advice or knowledge thanks everyone so far. :blob2::reading:in pa its like 50 degrees nice for winter.

Looking for someone with knowledge of were bearings and seals are made for these saws I want no parts of china parts sorry china purists just poor quality I might be wrong but I don't think so. there is a company called sagenspezi which I think is german if anyone knows how to speek german or knows about this manufactor and can interprite the company into English it would be a big help.

looking for anwswers I got a squedual to keep trying to have this saw built by febuary I guess I might have to call the king out in big fur country on this one mr Dougan. the real chainsaw guy if you havnt heard of this guy I sugest you look him up myrtle creek saw shop he has his own you tube chanel chainsaw guy west coast muscle saws he is a chainsaw purist and knows his stuff over 40 years in the business over 30000 saws worked on the man has devoted his life to saws.

well he has helped me out tremedisly to learn and I have order parts from him in the past.

just really looking for some answers on the bearings and seals on a stihl 028av super looking for quality parts I would thin someone on arborist sight has some good information and noledge of were this parts are made no china parts looking for quality.

thanks all hope everyone has a great new year.

You must really love writing to yourself eh?

check out hlsupply or something. Shouldn't be that hard to find. You may have to go with aftermarket parts.

Looking for someone with knowledge of were bearings and seals are made for these saws I want no parts of china parts sorry china purists just poor quality I might be wrong but I don't think so. there is a company called sagenspezi which I think is german if anyone knows how to speek german or knows about this manufactor and can interprite the company into English it would be a big help.

looking for anwswers I got a squedual to keep trying to have this saw built by febuary I guess I might have to call the king out in big fur country on this one mr Dougan. the real chainsaw guy if you havnt heard of this guy I sugest you look him up myrtle creek saw shop he has his own you tube chanel chainsaw guy west coast muscle saws he is a chainsaw purist and knows his stuff over 40 years in the business over 30000 saws worked on the man has devoted his life to saws.

well he has helped me out tremedisly to learn and I have order parts from him in the past.

just really looking for some answers on the bearings and seals on a stihl 028av super looking for quality parts I would thin someone on arborist sight has some good information and noledge of were this parts are made no china parts looking for quality.

thanks all hope everyone has a great new year.
I think Proline is USA, but I've used many of the parts, and I'm quite happy with the tolerances, fit, and finish. Carb for an 028 was 50 bucks, and quite worth every penny,,, chinese carbs don't usually adjust properly, and I threw two of them in the trash after using Proline. Bearing seals are fine also, and affordable. I shop at Sawzilla, and HLsupply. Check the deal of the day and sale items (sometimes the same part is less expensive under a different category). Proline clutch springs gave me a problem, the end loops didn't have enough clearance I had to grind a bout 50 thousandths off of the end of each loop. I have NOT found anyone competent on ebay,,, most parts are listed totally wrong, and those that look okay are grossly overpriced I saw a woodruff key for 5 bucks (they're worth 50 cents) and 15 DOLLAR shipping. F That. Best of luck.

Back