Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

stihl 029 039 carbs

Discussion in 'Bailey's' started by chris ham, Mar 13, 2018.

1. chris ham

chris ham ArboristSite Member

I have 3 of these all are flooding.I put a Chinese kit in two of them and one is a new aftermarket .What is causing this.I took a running one off an 029 and put it on my 039 rebuild and it is running fine.That is how I know all the others are flooding.

2. Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc. Professional outdoor work gear & equipment

Hi Chris,

Carbs can be tricky at times. What are your initial settings on the high and low adjusting screws? One turn out is the recommended baseline for the 039. Did you replace and reset the metering needle/level?

3. chris ham

I replaced the needle and seats.How do you reset them.I started with one turn out on the high and low screws.What should the bottom idle screw be set on

4. Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc. Professional outdoor work gear & equipment

You can use a straight edge to set the spring loaded metering lever. There's a pretty good write up on it through Walbro if you want to take a look. http://www.walbro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/HDCseries.pdf
    As far as the idle screw goes, I would turn it out about halfway to start with. It doesn't matter much until after you can actually get the thing started. Once you do get it started, adjust the idle just low enough so the clutch doesn't engage.

5. chris ham

I checked the lever after reading the walbro article.It was level.I bent it down a tad and installed it on the saw.This apparently stopped the flooding .The saw is now running.Thanks for the great help