Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CausticUC

Need to fix that pull!
Reaction score
Looking for information on the exhaust heated handles for the 031, lots of info on the electric. Even the service manual is pretty short on it.

Anyone have a saw in this configuration or maybe a service note on them?

I've managed to find a few pictures on the exhaust interface, but not much else.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

There is not much info availible. I can only say that there was a cleaning wire for the exhaust heating tube in the rear handle. Cleaning wire was 1113 890 0600 and it was added to the existing set of tools. The cleaning should be done every 50 operating hours or 14 days.

Attachments

• Cleaning wire 031.pdf
    90.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, the cleaning wire I had not come across yet.

The ipl is not overly helpful on this one. While it does show part of the assembly, it is missing things such as the muffler assembly and does not clarify if there were two different handles.

512d4199ec1a688f2bb183ac264069b5.jpg
6bfea233153097a51fb96a611ae2a2c6.jpg

It does indeed seem that they are not common. My issue is more about putting things back together and if I have all the parts for this system to work or not or what I am missing.

Oh, and that is not my exhaust above. That is one from the Forestry forum and pretty sure it is from an 032.

The one I have must have been a replacement at some point and is welded shut.

Hoping to find time to put this saw back together this weekend, as the flywheel puller is out for delivery (the tap method has not worked for two weeks so far).

As I did not take some important photos when it was disassembled, hoping to put the exhaust heater system back in correctly after trying to clean the tubes.

Really do not recall how it was connected to the exhaust though, maybe it wasnt if the muffler was replaced? Find it funny that this muffler was welder shut (does not look like a factory weld, or if it was, that guy needed a different job).

Back