Stihl 032 AV not pulling fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novice_65

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a quick question..I ended up buying an 032 AV pretty cheap. It has great spark and compression. It starts up if you pour gas into the carb or plug hole but won't start otherwise.

I changed all the fuel lines, filter, and impulse line. I also bought a rebuild kit and rebuilt the carb. The saw simply will not pull fuel into the carb. I do think I know the problem though, when I got the saw it was covered in JB weld, including on the gas tank. When you pull several times lots of gas leaks out of holes that are underneath the putty. I just wanted to confirm this, unless there could be another reason. If this is the problem I doubt I'll be able to bring it back because the tank doesn't look like it's a stand-alone assembly. I'll see if I can get some pictures this week. Thank you

I would do a vacuum and pressure test for crankcase integrity.
One thing to look at is the tank to carb inlet hose. If it's same as 031 it is a particular fit and depending on the hose material the bends can cause flow problems.
My money is on that or no vacuum on impulse hose.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help, yeah I think there has to be a leak somewhere. I'll see if I can do a test on it this week and see what it finds. Hard to explain with out pictures but there is an inlet on the tank that goes directly to the carb and on the bottom side of that inlet is where the line with the fuel filter (appears) to connect to the line. So basically the fuel filter line connects to the inlet and then goes out to the carb. Then of course the impulse line goes from the carb to the crankcase. Thanks again

I am familiar with 031's and I thought that fuel tank feed is very similar or the same.
I wouldn't hesitate replacing the crank seals at this point/age.

Latest posts

Back