Stihl 034 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KlaplNte420

Reaction score
Was running fine. Got home. Tried to start it up again. Cord oulled iut of my hand as the piston reached the top of the cylinder.

Checked exhaust. No blockages.
Removed spark plug. Pulls fine.
Reinstalled plug, a little loose, and could hear air escaping from plug when pulled.
Added a few ml of gas, pulled over and over, turned upside down and drained it. Still no good.
Checked gas line. No bloackages that i can tell.
Pulled the carb. Cleaned it. Still wont pull.
All gaskets i came across were in great shape.

What eles could be blocked that is causing this pressure? Im no mechanic and have no experience with 2 stroke motors or chainsaws.

The 034 uses the same starter internals (pawls and pulley) as the smaller 024. Also, the upper left bolt of the plastic starter cover is located at a rather low spot. This causes the cover to warp a little under compression (visible at the upper edge mating with the top cover), the pulley will slant a little (and more when there is wear) and gets locked in the flywheel... In many cases the starter pawls show a lot of wear (damage) and the starter cannot be pulled any further.
Check the starter assembly and replace defective parts - I usually replace the whole starter with a Chinese aftermarket assy (around 10-20 bucks or so) because those are made of alloy and do not warp.

Back