Stihl 034 inlet screen plugs up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logrunner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Early model 034 has been fantastic saw for over 30 years. About 3 years ago the carb fuel inlet screen would plug up with I guess saw dust. I would run it for a few hours and then clean it out and go again. Then it got to the point I had to buy a new carb, fuel hose, fuel filter, air filter. Thinking I had it fixed ran it for 30 minutes and it quit running. Inlet screen plugged again. The impulse hose looks ok. The gas tank is clean and the fuel I use is clean. The saw is original except for carb and air filter. I can usually fix anything but this has me baffled. I even thought about taking it somewhere to be fixed but they aren't going to run it for a half hour to see it plug up. Thanks for any help.

Well how can a carb screen get plugged up if you have a proper fuel filter doing its job & fuel lines without cracks or holes and a fuel tank that's clean.....there is a weak link in the system I should guess. Are you using a new OEM fuel filter?

The last build up looked to be black but could still be saw dust I guess. I doubt the fuel filter is OEM. Never thought about the gas can but I have three saws and use the same can for all. I will buy a new can and felt fuel filter. Thanks for the ideas.

Back