Stihl 036 and huztl 360 vs stihl 361 ANti vibe.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It’s been a long time since I really ran an 036 or 360, I’ve not owned one since they were the new models. I bought a used 361 the other day and was running it yesterday alongside a huztl kit 360 that my brother built (stihl gaskets and bearings, meteor jug and piston) and wanted me to break in for him and work any bugs out.

The huztl has horrible antivibe compared to the 361, is an 036 or 360 the same? Can we swap to stihl antivibe parts and improve it?

BTW I was in some big wood 18” rock hard dead mesquite. The huztl with meteor kit has pretty much identical power to the 361. I couldn’t tell them apart. But the huztl was blue printed by my brother who is a very meticulous person. But he wouldn’t let me port it, he just set squish to .020. Muffler is probably more open.
After a tank through each I got tired of them and finished with the husky 288. I’m going to port and mod the 361 and see what I can do about that.

Huztl or not the 036/360 has rubber antivibe and the 361 has springs so obviously they'll feel much different either way.
Yes I just don’t remember there being that big of a difference back when they swapped from 360 to 361. This is night and day. Maybe 20 year old me just didn’t notice.

I bought my MS361 11 years ago new. I have cleaned the air filter several times but never had to replace it. The only OEM part on this saw that I have ever replaced was the fuel filter. It has about 500 hours of run time on it and is still going strong:
Stihl MS361 Chainsaw.JPG

Latest posts

Back