• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 magnum $325 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 042 here also ,odd looking saw ,looks like a horseshoe crab ,cant give that thing away .

an 042 is like an 032 or an 050. nobody wants to run those! big old dinosaurs LOL. i think about it now and the oldest stihl i could ever be happy running is the 038 LOL if i was a stihl guy i'd likely keep it for firewood but i own plenty of huskies that do that job so the stihl takes up room in the shop. i did run this thing a full day a couple days ago though and it does run very well for an older saw. 28" with a square ground chain and she was sling'n chips quite a ways. it also has the wide discharge clutch cover.

The 038 has a bad rap due to the air filter/choke setup. Otherwise its built like a tank and has the power to do whatever you ask of it for a 70cc saw. Mine wears a 32" and has the bowls to keep it. Its just a little heavier than my 044.

trade? 266xp homemade fullwrap, needs nothing. also in bc.

View attachment 456453

as tempting as that is i'm gonna have to pass man. just gave my grandfather a 272 i built. trying to get down to a reasonable number of saws. after this 038 is gone i will only have 8 left, 6 of which are my work saws and the other 2 my personal home use saws. recounted and forgot the 385's. may sell them in favour of a new 576 as i've really been liking the one i have.

tryin to thin my herd a lil, too. 40+ here.

my days of 40+ are over LOL. it can be damn difficult to get rid of them all when a guy finally decides he doesn't need that many saws. my life has been in phases. i'll collect lots then decide to sell them off, then do it all over again. don't think i ever had more then 50 runners at one time though. wish i knew of AS long ago. could have made a fortune on 2100's back in the day. if i didn't need saws for work i would likely sell them all except the AT saws at this point.

Just need a label! Ships same business day if paid for before noon!

dd0916b53fd56bee558706a7539a8f1a.jpg

i would take 372 full wrap and/or a set of 562 spikes in as parts trade for this saw as well.

i've got a .404 .063 26" oregon with 2 loops. one is a stihl chisel skip tooth and the other is an oregon semi chisel. stihl chain is new and the oregon one has been filed a few times. separate purchase and a separate package as shipping bars with saws in way unreasonable. i will sell it if you want it but it will go separately. sorry for the delay, i didn't receive a notification for your post.

Bump!!! still sitting here needing a label. packaged really well for the ride. box gets a layer of tape once label is written. i feel $325 shipped is a very fair price for this saw. trades welcome!

I'd agree. I recently got a hundred more than that for a clean one I rebuilt. Local craigslist brought tons of interest.

did you have to ship? heck just the shipping will be around $60-$70 to go down south and my price is shipped.

shippin be bout $25. over here.... i'll get off it now... had 2 038s' stihl got one, want fullwrap magII... id throw in doz yer fav beer.

my favorite beer is lucky LOL thing is i built so many 266's over the years that i am tired of them LOL i usually get 1 or 2 in need of repair free a year. there's actually a native guy here who wants me to fix some saws for him and they are 266's. the deals looking like fix them, give him best one, and keep the other 2. what else do you got stashed away in that shop of yours?

Back