• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 038

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyne

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a very nice, all original, never rebuilt, Stihl 038. I would like a magnum, but I would consider either of the smaller ones if they were nice enough.

I have a very well used 038 super, that runs good since i rebuilt carb and replaced fuel line. I have it torn down right now as I had no way of being sure what model it was. Measured the piston and it's 50mm. Just ordered a set of caber rings for it. Someone more skilled than i would probly have ordered a piston as well, but I'm batting around .500 with replacing stihl circlips, so I was just gonna do rings. Cylinder looks pretty good to me, but I would not call the saw "nice" as its fairly well used. Having trouble loading pics, but if you send me ur email I can forward an email with pics to you. I think i could sell it on the local craiglist for 250 once i put it back together

Attachments

• IMG_6879.jpg
    IMG_6879.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6879.jpg
    IMG_6879.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6880.jpg
    IMG_6880.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 11
Back