Stihl 038AV Super Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoaringRedneck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Came across a like new 038 Super that runs perfectly and I’m wondering what it’s value is and the best length of bar to run. Thanks for any help.

Value depends on condition and what the market will bear. Check ebay and local CL to see what people are asking. Post some pictures

A 20" works real well but it will pull a 25" if you don't lean on it and keep your rakers set right.

A like new 038 sold on eBay for 850 in September. If you post it on eBay for auction you could get a crazy high number for it.

A like new 038 sold on eBay for 850 in September. If you post it on eBay for auction you could get a crazy high for it.

I got ALL my 038s for FREE

First one was a 038M given by a logger friend, it was just neglected, clean up and parts and I'm still running it (1997).

Next few were lean sieze/throw aways. Those were the/my first 038------038M conversions. Lots of people did those conversions , since then. Glad I could help with AS.

038 was my first exposure to Stihl. Paid $100 for it 20 years ago, since then it's gotten clutch springs and crank seals. Wouldn't sell/trade that saw for anything. I can keep it on the shelf for months, no stabilizer or anything, it always fires up.
Reliable as rust

Back