stihl 038avs farmboss to magnum cylinder ??'s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_avery

Reaction score
I have a stihl 038 farmboss I'm converting to a magnum. I have some questions about porting the cylinder. Any specific specs to go by on the exhaust/intake ports? I don't wanna go to much. I'm new to the site and ive been reading alot in here and I got the base of the cylinder figured out as far as opening my holes up, removing a fin or grinding the bolt head a little. Just a little worried on the porting. Any advice will be great. Thanks guys.

Yeah I have a wheel. The original jug that was on it it's busted. And while I have it tore down I was just gonna put the big one back on it. What would y'all do?

I'm going to be doing the same thing, although I'm not goin to port it, the first thing I'm going to do when I get it all together is vac/pressure test it. I've already bought the seals but I wanna make sure that was the problem before I replace them. No point doing all that work and not fix the problem.

Also mastermind has a thread about the conversion. Search is your friend.

Alright. Thanks. I'll check it out. My saw run perfect. I had in the back of the truck with a cable lock run the handle. I got into a wreck and it broke the handle then slammed the saw on the side of the truck and broke the of the four tabs where you bolt the jug on at. Only my luck. So I know the rest of the saw is perfect.

Yeah I have a wheel. The original jug that was on it it's busted. And while I have it tore down I was just gonna put the big one back on it. What would y'all do?

What would I do? If I was in your shoes I'd put it together and run it so I can get a good feel of it. I would record a few videos of it cutting to have something for comparison after porting. In the mean time I would do more research until I fully understood what I intend to do.

I hate to hear that, I'm glad you are ok. I would still test it while I had it down that far, it's cheap peice of mind

Back