Stihl 041 Farmboss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I fast forwarded this saw. It was tossed for what the owner thought was a damaged flywheel and no compression. Turns out the poly starter ring was worn and only one screw left holding the recoil. Pulled the muffler to check and piston is perfect. Replace the ring, new fuel lines/pulse line, ultra sonic cleaned the carb. Runs real strong, 160psi cold. Will make a good saw for whoever it’s new owner will be27926495-E87C-4C3D-8DBA-9CE924FC7E1B.jpeg6A441796-3826-4CB7-9B36-5BA09B00B732.jpegB4055836-84B1-406D-9489-7BDF4D894D81.jpegEFA023FB-02A6-4FBD-9769-C4E57C1621AB.jpeg

New owner- who you gifting it to- or do people still buy these things? :laugh:
All them missing screws are better off lost and replaced with T27 fixings- as I see you have done under the rear handle.
She is an old survivor that one, the emblem on the recoil cover at least doubles the asking price. ;)
I just put metric Phillips in. Not interested in the proprietary Stihl torx for a dollar a screw. The 041 were good runners the supers even better. White and orange always sells. I run a variety of saws. Each made good and bad. I’d like to think I have the good.

I just put metric Phillips in. Not interested in the proprietary Stihl torx for a dollar a screw. The 041 were good runners the supers even better. White and orange always sells. I run a variety of saws. Each made good and bad. I’d like to think I have the good.

Never said the Torx drive screws had to come from the Stihl shop. ;)

Never said the Torx drive screws had to come from the Stihl shop. ;)
My local hardware store might have them. They have an excellent selection from Midwest fastners. I got these at the lumber yard when I was getting some pine boards. If was was restoring this saw and keeping it I’d have put more interest into the screws. I just need it to hold together and be reliable

Back