Stihl 041AV farmboss quickstop, worth the effort?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Stihl041aveq with dead electronics would swap it to points but getting a fly wheel and mag plate here is pretty hard.I was given the saw it is in good shape other wise.I admit I am a sucker for the different sounds of old saws.I have ran many many different saws but never an 041.All I read about on here is the 041 sound I want to here it.I love the sound of a Stihl 08s idling so distinct and you know it will sit and idle all day another one is the Pioneer 600. Well I better retire I hear the distinctive sound of the better half snoring And it's 2.30 am
Kash

Up all night playing with the saws and dealing with a flooding basements. Looks like the 61 has 30lbs of pressure, so no rush to tune that up lol.
Looking at the 041, how do I get that spark plugs out? My normal hollow socket wrench didn't clear the body of the plug, and my regular socket won't fit inside the handle. Am I meant to swing the handle out of the way?

Up all night playing with the saws and dealing with a flooding basements. Looks like the 61 has 30lbs of pressure, so no rush to tune that up lol.
Looking at the 041, how do I get that spark plugs out? My normal hollow socket wrench didn't clear the body of the plug, and my regular socket won't fit inside the handle. Am I meant to swing the handle out of the way?

With a regular chainsaw scrench- or a thin wall plug socket.

Back