• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 044 and other stihl parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwylouie010

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
044.seems to be early 12mm saw. has metal badge on top with no decomp. new 440 fuel tank,new handle molding. new meteor piston and cylinder.new stihl piston pin bearing. haven't got a chance to even put a tank of fuel through it. max flow air filter kit.no spikes or skid plate thing. has junk 20" bar and a good chain, can go with or with out.$500 obo i have the original stock cylinder that may clean up and a new stock filter cover and used stock filter that could be swapped on

064 fuel tank and plastics. top cover has a name carved in it.$100 make offer

ms361 new in package filter cover $25

prices do not include shipping. i am in Salt Point, NY 12578

pictures coming

Pics of the 044

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 328
Wow. I'm suprise no one has jumped on that yet. Here in MN you can't find a 044 that clean for under 600-700 and the ones for 500 are dirty and beaten. Who ever buys this is getting a hell of a saw for a hell of a price

Wow. I'm suprise no one has jumped on that yet. Here in MN you can't find a 044 that clean for under 600-700 and the ones for 500 are dirty and beaten. Who ever buys this is getting a hell of a saw for a hell of a price

I have been thinking about the 044 but the aftermarket top end keeps me from pulling the trigger. Not sure why but it does.

Can't get a compression reading, before the recoil broken it pulled over like it had good compression. So I gave it good pull and the recoil cover broke. I'd say crank brearing are pretty tigh/ shot. I can get a pic of the piston this afternoon though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 100
Back