• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 044 professional chainsaw low hours super nice looking and a steal @525 $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it is a different cylinder though correct? Cause wasnt there an issue with running a 12mm piston in a slant fin cylinder as the ring would get hung up on the port? Or is that running a 10mm piston in a 12mm cylinder or I just out to lunch and making this up haha swear somebody told me at one point of this issue
Slant fin is the same cylinder on either 10 or 12, you just can't run a 10mm piston on a (straight fin)12mm cyl.
Some consider the early slant fin 12's to be the best of both, the stronger con rod and the zippy cylinder.

Dang that sucks you are in Vancouver BC not Wa. Was thinking about a road trip but alas not that much of one :) Great deal for someone I'm sure it wont last long.

QUOTE="Orangeinthebarn, post: 7235277, member: 151899"]
Beautiful saw. Were saws sold in Canada late to get the HD filters? My dad has a 10mm with factory HD filter. Serial 128xxxxx
[/QUOTE]
I honestly dont know thinking back all the older 044s around here have seen had the flat filter setups besides the ms 440s

12mm stihl with a slant fin cylinder. Wasnt aware that this was even a thing until recently I guess before switching to the ms 440 they had a number of SLANT fins with the 12mm cranks which correct me if I'm wrong sounds like a winning combination. Saw is in immaculate condition I had a new full wrap sprocket cover available for this saw so I installed it however if for some reason the buyer would like the original sprocket cover on the saw I will change back(wont come with both I need 1) low hours on this metal badge 044 chainsaw. I'm needing some cash flow to finish some other projects so this is a steal I feel at 525$ shipped... PayPal only View attachment 808181View attachment 808182View attachment 808184View attachment 808185View attachment 808186
Would that include shipping to ontario

Back