• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 044 professional chainsaw low hours super nice looking and a steal @525 $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vancouver timber

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
12mm stihl with a slant fin cylinder. Wasnt aware that this was even a thing until recently I guess before switching to the ms 440 they had a number of SLANT fins with the 12mm cranks which correct me if I'm wrong sounds like a winning combination. Saw is in immaculate condition I had a new full wrap sprocket cover available for this saw so I installed it however if for some reason the buyer would like the original sprocket cover on the saw I will change back(wont come with both I need 1) low hours on this metal badge 044 chainsaw. I'm needing some cash flow to finish some other projects so this is a steal I feel at 525$ shipped... PayPal only 20200318_020950.jpg20200318_020945.jpg20200318_020934.jpg20200318_020928.jpg20200318_020923.jpg

Both saws ready to be used as they are intended or to sit on the shelf to add to the collection... they are both damn good looking saws the 044 is a 10mm and has virtually no hours on it and was basically sitting dormant since new it got a rebuilt fuel system and basic maintenance and besides that it was just cleaned up for resale 700 usd obo PHO

The 064 I dont know the history on besides the work done which was full rebuild short of bottom end bearings which have no play the top end bearing is new the piston is new aswell as new seals then just maintenance parts and appearance parts as it needed all oem pieces no am. View attachment 801381 View attachment 801381 View attachment 801382View attachment 801381 View attachment 801382 View attachment 801383
Does the saw have the hd filter and how do you know it's a 10mm saw?

It's a 12mm hundred percent pulled cylinder late cause people had me doubting and I had to be sure. It's a 12mm slant fin 044. It doesn't have the round style hd air filter however as it has the older style af cover. This is a beauty must see to appreciate everything's nice and tjfbt. good for another 25 years

12mm slant fin?? I’m not question you but I didn’t know that was a thing. Does anyone else care to comment if they’ve ever ran across this?! I’m actually very curious. Thx.
And I might be interested. Still waiting to hear back from another guy on a 440

12mm slant fin?? I’m not question you but I didn’t know that was a thing. Does anyone else care to comment if they’ve ever ran across this?! I’m actually very curious. Thx.
I wasnt aware they did it either but for a very brief period before they switched to ms 440 they had slant fin 044s not sure of the serial range but it's legit from factory slant fin 044 12mm

Early 12mm's were slant fin with 10m porting.
But it is a different cylinder though correct? Cause wasnt there an issue with running a 12mm piston in a slant fin cylinder as the ring would get hung up on the port? Or is that running a 10mm piston in a 12mm cylinder or I just out to lunch and making this up haha swear somebody told me at one point of this issue

I have both the 12 and 10 mm Slant fins! If I could see a picture of the side of the saw by the oil cap I could possible tell which one that is.

Latest posts

Back