• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CsClimbr

Ex-Climber with CAD
Reaction score
Interested in a “cleanish” 044/440 that may need work / project saw, or even a nice runner.

I have a lead to check one out locally in the next couple days but if that’s a no-go, I’d still be interested in what’s out there.

Interested in a “cleanish” 044/440 that may need work / project saw, or even a nice runner.

I have a lead to check one out locally in the next couple days but if that’s a no-go, I’d still be interested in what’s out there.
I'd just skip the 044 and go right to a 372 FTW :numberone:.

Well it shows one in your signature, just get the 372 and then you will have both.
What do you like about the 044 vs the 440, just curious.

Guess I’m hoping for a full build. I must change my signature as I just sold the 044. A guy I know told me to stop up to his barn and pickup a “Still 44” that he blew up. I’ll see what comes from that and if it’s what I think it is, I may go with a 372

Guess I’m hoping for a full build. I must change my signature as I just sold the 044. A guy I know told me to stop up to his barn and pickup a “Still 44” that he blew up. I’ll see what comes from that and if it’s what I think it is, I may go with a 372
That's why I don't have any in my signature, I'd need to hire a secretary to keep it up to date lol.
If you don't already have a 372 or have had one, you should try one, fun saws.

I guess the good folks at loctite need a Christmas bonus too...
That's funny, the last three loose bolts I've delt with were on stihls and then one on a Dolmar. I also had the bolts on my kubota's front end loader come loose a couple yrs ago (it had less than 100 hrs on it), pretty sure I'd buy another though, guess I'm good at tightening bolts lol.

That's funny, the last three loose bolts I've delt with were on stihls and then one on a Dolmar. I also had the bolts on my kubota's front end loader come loose a couple yrs ago (it had less than 100 hrs on it), pretty sure I'd buy another though, guess I'm good at tightening bolts lol.

Are you telling me that your husky saws don't lose bolts? Sounds like you have some extremely rare saws there. Now Brett, I'm not pro one brand or the other, but to say I have husky saws that don't vibrate the screws loose?

Are you telling me that your husky saws don't lose bolts? Sounds like you have some extremely rare saws there. Now Brett, I'm not pro one brand or the other, but to say I have husky saws that don't vibrate the screws loose?
No I wouldn't lie like that, just that the last ones I've had come loose or seen were on 3 stihls and a dolmar, I didn't say anything about the 5th saw loosing a cylinder bolt and taking out the flywheel :innocent:.
I do have a few rarer ones, but the screws don't even get turned on those.
I'd much rather tight a bolt/screw now and then then have my teeth vibrated out :laughing:.
You know I like them all myself, I've got way more small(under 50cc) stihls than I do huskys, but I do prefer the handling of a husky for limbing. The small saws it doesn't bother me to throw around a stihl as far as handling goes, but I find the more limbing the more I want a husky. When bucking firewood and such it doesn't matter to me, hand me one with a sharp chain:chainsaw:, but I still like my huskys more.
Funny story, went to a guys house last night and he was telling me the back story on his 660, it ends up it was the first 660 I ever owned.

To be honest, if I found a Wildthing locally on the cheap, it’s something I’d probably have to buy :laugh: I’m really surprised of asking prices on my local CL.. I’ve seen them upwards of 175$

A good friend of mine that works on saws always says he likes working on them cause it takes very little work to make them run like new, they run like **** new too....

Back