Stihl 050AVL carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavel

Reaction score
Hello all. I have bought recently Stihl 050 AVL cheaply. Saw was sitting for a few years, but with a fresh mixture I was able to start it and it runs actually quite well. Compresion is good, mechanical condition also OK. Of course adjustment and cleaning is needed, so I start to disassemble it and surprisingly I found there is Tillotson HS-29C carburetor, not HS-60D as advised by IPL. I was not able to find a lot of info about HS-29C, except it was probably used at Stihl 041. Is there any possibility Stihl put them also to 050 ? Can anyone please advice if usage of HS-29C instead of 60D can have impact to chainsaw? Thanks.

If you want an OEM Stihl NIB TS510 cutoff saw carb, which Is virtually the same engine, and hooks uo the same, shoot me a PM. I got a couple surplus ones for cheap. It has the idle adjustment screw built into the carb, so you'd need to omit your idle screw out of top handle housing.

I believe the hs29 is a smaller carb. You can also use the hs136 from the older big Husqvarna saws or hs228 from the 288xp. Switch out the choke and throttle and you'll be good to go. The big old sp McCulloch carbs will work too.

hs 60 wj112a ws 11 is the only carb that is listed in my files. carb might work need to check the size of the venturi as long as it the same size you should be good. also keeping a look at the plug will help. want it to be a light tan brown in color. if it is turning white need to stop running it it to lean. if it turn black it is too rich. if you can get the saw to run good and post a pic of the plug one of us can let you know what is going on

Back