Stihl 051AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikecrowe1963

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Very new to this forum but have read and been helped by so many posts in the past.
I have an old stihl 051 av which due to lockdown here in Northern Ireland I have time to rebuild.
Anyone out there done this in the past? Anything I should watch out for???

Thanks dude - found a supplier in U.K. who seem to have lots of parts - seems genuine decent quality parts too. L S Engineers.
I’ve ordered a service kit - seals gaskets etc so I’ll start there. Also have a decompression valve here to fit cos it’s ****** hard to start!
Thanks again
Mike

Right on. If you have any questions go to the info thread. If you have no luck there feel free to PM me I’ll help best I can.
Cheers dude - I’ve an old husky practica 61 to sort first (help is coming in on another thread)
Looks like it’s burning bar oil so the gasket may be gone. Either way it’s a strip down - it’ll be the biggest job I’ve tackled so far.

sailin any parts? need muff cover.
sailin any parts? need muff cover.
got a 051 yesterday.
Ko
I just had one on the bench a few hours ago. Using it for some parts on my 075 build.
View attachment 814433

I’ve found the best thing to do here is use the search function. I’ve also had great success just searching part numbers on google.

Here is a service manual
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP5Bbk4lL0AWndmRDF3RGRMT00/view
thanks very much for that link dude - very kind. I appreciate it

Back