Stihl 056 Mag II Freebie! - Begging for parts!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yep, a freebie. Couldn't believe it. I found this saw about 2 years ago, sitting in a wheelbarrow at a friend's farm who my father purchased a tractor from. We gave him a load of firewood this year and he came back over later and brought my dad the saw.

After a thorough cleaning it runs nicely but needs some TLC. If anyone has a NOS bearing 95129333760 or any other 056 mag parts they want to offload, this one is a beauty. I apologize for not putting up pics yet as I didn't have my camera with me this weekend.

This 056 will pull a 28" bar w/ an 8-tooth rim with some authority. Having run a MS660 with the same b&c I was impressed!

Stihl056MagnumII003.jpg

Last edited:
yep very lucky. Like I told dad, if we had been looking for this saw, never would have found it. I think I may have found an alternative oregon bearing with similar dimensions. I hope it will work!

Stihl056MagnumII001.jpg

Last edited:
056 stihl Carburator

i once saw some information on the differance between 045 - 056 carbs, how can i tell them apart? i have several of both saws.

I just completed a 056 MagnumII, it has a restored 56MM piston/cyl dual port muffler, any information about the carbs is a great help.

Hijacked

The standard 056s & Supers generally ran the Tillotson HS118"B" series.

The later Mag II used either the Walbro WJ-4B or also the HS118B Tillotson. The Walbro is the more reliable carb IMHO, but hard to find.

As far as I can telll, the main high jet was the only diiference between the A & B Tillys.

Back