Stihl 064 carb mounting question???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i duno i got no leaks anywhere.
she just wont keep a steady idle after warm up, she likes high rpms tho.

this saws nuts. i wonder if the coils bad

well im guna try one more boot anyway from a good dealer in vermont.

i can get this carb off with my eyes closed now anyway

nope i got that little do-dad installed.

i learned about that check valve from one of your old posts jj!

i think my gas cap seals going tho.

nope i got that little do-dad installed.

i learned about that check valve from one of your old posts jj!

i think my gas cap seals going tho.

If you have fuel coming out of the tank vent line, then the valve isn't working and likely needs replaced. They harden over time and stop working.

check valves brand spankin' new! straight out the stihl little rubber nipple factory!

i can flip it upsidedown and everywhich way, it dont dribble out no where.
just sometimes after it runs, fuel will come out. pressure buildup or something.

i wasnt sold on that boot. so im buying one more "early" one, installing it, checking the carb again and going from there.
if none of that works then my guess it towards the coil or just forking out for a brand new carb.

ive been piece mealing this saw together for the past year in overpriced oem parts! (except masterminds free cylinder, bless his heart)
probably thrown a grand and change into it. paid way too much for the parts saw originally from some dingdong in maine.
its a pretty trashy looking saw but its my trashy little saw. its been quite the learning experience.

you jj know a lot bout 064s, i know cause of my friggin hours of research and you poppin up with the right answer.

got it figured out! the wj carbs were junk from the beginning. bought a new carb .. fired right up.
then i noticed the spark plug wire was shorting out on the case causing it to shut off.
so im in the market for a new spark plug wire then im good to go!

Back