• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 066/660 Cylinder for hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speciosa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys how goes it? Im looking for a 660 oem cylinder for my 064. Plan is to end up with a ported 064 hybrid. Just need a cylinder to start with. Love the saw just always want a little more power to pull a 404 chain. First post so please forgive any faux pas.

Huh, first ive heard of that so im not sure. Do you know if the 660 and 066 have the same pattern?

So just did a little more reading and the only thing that needs to be changed is the 5mm to 6mm cylinder bolts. So unless im mistaken the 066/660 have the same pattern.

Yeah i think so, that'll be the easy part. The hard part is finding an old cylinder :laugh:.

I read chainsaw jim's thread about it and breifly looked at the one you posted. I didnt realise the cylinder holes needed to be slotted i thought before only the gasket needed slotting. Reading comprehension really was never my strong suit. But i'm not afraid of a little hand work to get it finished.

I was born and raised on Prince of Wales, But have moved and been living in Wasilla for the last 8 years or so and currently Hawaii. Just listed the house and moving to the Coeur D’ Alene area tho

Thought you might have been down there cutting timber with the ol’ 064

Idaho is a cool state, i lived down there in riggins for 8 years before moving up to Alaska. I miss it from time to time but i sure appreciate the great white north.

I was cutting timber, just not around south east. I picked it up to have a big saw in the truck when i was working with a crew clearing right of ways for the power company around Tonsina. Only needed it a couple times but was sure glad to have it.

Right on, glad im not the only who likes a good hybrid. So how much material did you have to remove? And what piston and cylinder did you use?

Back