• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 066 project in a box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jughead500

Sasquatch
Reaction score
Anybody interested?
Got a new Meteor cylinder kit.cylinder had a ridge sticking out of the combustion chamber.i lapped it down with the old piston and some valve lapping compound.a little of the compound squished up between the cylinder wall and wore a spot in the plating.not through the plating but wore it.I'm sure it's still run able.also included is a set of new stihl crank bearings and a very good used crankshaft from a 064.both the bearings and crankshaft have a few spots of surface rust.i will remove the surface rust before shipping........that is if anyone wants this piece of crap.
To the saw.ok i bought this thing as a running saw.it ran good but saw it needed help.the center crank bearing was worn so bad that the piston was turning in the bore and had enough up and down play to crack the cylinder base.i'm sure some of it was due to main bearing play too.the only threads that i see stripped out are the threads for the lower muffler mounts.looks it they can be fixed with an insert.there is one big chip out of the clutch side case at the bottom where the case halves meet.you can see it in one of the pictures.the saw will need a new cover for the front of the muffler it was bent beyond repair so i threw it in the scrap.the body is there but i started cutting out the cage with the dremel and ran out of cut off wheels.neighbor problems forced me to abandon it and my shop for a while.hard to work with a mentally challenged person screaming all of the time threatening to shoot you.problem was i couldn't get him to cross the road.long story anyway here's the saw.selling to buy gas and pay for a doctor visit and meds.
Its greasy, it's oily and it needs help.i have a lot of money in this thing.Just the bearings were $100.it'like buying the new parts and getting a free saw.:D
Asking $325 shipped in the lower 48image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Oh and the clutch is stuck tight.must have tightened up from the vibration of the bad bearings.yes i was trying to remove it the right way.a little heat and oil may help.

Back