Stihl 07/ 07S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,

The 07 series saws was one of Stihl's most reliable and tough units ever. The old upright design, however is about the ultimate ugly duck. Stihl has been trying to discontiue it for years. They last used it as a powerhead for a cut-off (abrasive) saw. I believe the unit was around from the '60's late, through the '80's. There was a slightly larger version of this unit, the 08.
The handle placement on these made them difficult to control in a kickback situation, which was another big reason the manufacture wanted to see them go by the boards after the industry safety push in the very late '70's.

I don't have specs on the unit, as this sort of thing as about the last thing of any interest to me. It either cuts well or doesn't, and it's useful life to be expected - are far more important in my world. Anything else can be solved with proper applicaiton of a good file.

As for parts, I would imagine that new parts should be getting durn difficult to get. There were a lot of these around however, so going fishing in a large dealer's junkbox could be productive.

Regards,
Walt Galer

I believe the 07 is what the TS-350 demo saw is based on. They're still selling them--have been for about 30 years. You should be able to get most of the parts for your chainsaw if you buy the ones for the TS-350. Of course, that leaves out oiler parts, chain sprockets, small air cleaner, bars, etc.

BTW: Stihl shows a 3.68 CID (60cc) displacement with 4.01 HP at a governed speed of 9500 RPM. That's for the 350.

Back