Stihl 075 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIgkuntry1776

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys my 075 av runs on choke and revs high when you take it off and dies on its own, i have replaced all of the gaskets on the carb and cleaned it twice i cant seem to get it running, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Air leak or low side is too lean. Sounds like with choke on it’s getting fuel it needs on the low side. When you take the choke off, then it runs fast because the air to fuel mix is too lean until it runs off of fuel to stay running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I changed all gaskets down to the block and loctited them. I had it running and it stripped the keyway off and I replaced it the other day. And this is the new problem i sprayed carb clean around the carb and it wouldn't rev up or anything, is there a preset on the carb I could start at?

I usually start one turn out and go from there. Low and idle are easier to set then high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly confirm it’s tuned correctly or
at least within spec. Confirm metering lever height and that the impulse and fuel line are air tight. Put a new fuel filter in. Try saw again. If no better then run a pressure and vacuum test and test all three oil seals and that the oil worm gear is seated correctly. Test the lower o-ring on adjustable oiler lever, the o-ring within the oil pump and the rubber grommet on the oil pump. If they check out, check all the gaskits between the carb and the cylinder flange and the gasket between the muffler and cylinder flange, the cylinder gasket and case gasket.

if they check out fine, then test the spark plug threads, decomp and threads at the top of the cylinder and the bolt at the side of the cylinder.

If they all check out fine, check again because one of them is leaking.

Back