• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have put many new parts into this saw. Its a good runner, just not a great looker in my opinion. I spent many hours sanding and buffing the plastics to get them as they are now but you can still see imperfections. The photos make it looks better and shinier than it really is. I took this completely down to the crank and used all new OEM gaskets to reassemble. The bearings felt great so I left them be. Someone has had this saw apart before me since the clutch side case half has been replaced (oem). The crank looked very clean so I assume the crank might have been replaced as well but I am not certain. I installed a base gasket at first, but after checking the squish I decided to remove the gasket and use loctite518 instead. Compression after a tank of fuel is right at 140. Its tached at 11,500

This is what I did to the saw. All parts are new/OEM unless stated.
crank case gasket
exhaust gasket
carburetor diaphragms/gaskets
carburetor adjustment grommet
impulse line
upper fuel line
upper tank AV mount
clutch springs
top cover badge
recoil cover badge
brake lever spring
clutch cover chain catcher
clutch cover insert
METEOR piston rings
used muffler cover
repaired top clutch side corner of muffler back
carb/filter housing screws

The starter housing has a hole wore in it from the inner plastic fan housing, you will see in the photos. The rear lower clutch side av mount is incorrect, I improvised with a little black tape o get the plug to stay snug but it functions as needed. I have 2 bars I will want to go with this saw. Both are new 41" .404 The GB bar has been used in the video only. The chain is a new loop of oregon only used for the video.
I have alot of money into this turd, but I understand it still needs help in cosmetic ways. Its a used saw gentleman. If theres any questions or concerns please get with me 1-740-542-1062.

Asking 925.00 OBO for the Power head, both bars 1 loop and the spare parts that is pictured.
Shipping all this I understand would be a good bit. I will help with shipping but I will expect buyer to pay half of the total shipping costs.

IMG_1874.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1875.JPG IMG_1876.JPG IMG_1877.JPG IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1880.JPG IMG_1881.JPG IMG_1872.JPG
Here is what is coming with the saw for spare parts. All parts are OEM and new unless stated other wise.
crank seals
in tank fuel line ----I have used this since the picture was taken and is no longer included.
impulse line
upper fuel line
clutch cover chain catcher
carb/filter base screws
1 OEM piston ring
2 clutch cover plastic inserts
brake lever spring
used carb adjustment grommet
used muffler gasket
used starter pulley
used intake boot
base gasket (used 25-30 minutes run time)

Back