ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! Stihl 084

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by island edge, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling Addicted to ArboristSite

I see what you mean, especially in this particular case, though I think having historical pricing info is a good tool for pricing saws.

Perhaps once they are marked sold they could go to a separate place other than the trading post. The "Traded Post" perhaps?

gary courtney likes this.
  2. ash man

ash man ArboristSite Guru

When you buy expensive items online from total strangers, often times sending the $ in advance it can be a scary indeaver. I've personally bought some saws on AS and couldn't be happier, but the only way to qualify a seller is feed back like this. I think it's very informative. My .02

Cease232 and astnmacgto like this.
  3. gary courtney

gary courtney eeny meeny miny moe

pioneerguy600 likes this.
  4. BigOakAdot

BigOakAdot ArboristSite newb

I think you're misunderstanding what I was saying. You weren't looking out for my best interest by not selling me the saw. You were fed up and and basically said I know your type you'll never be happy no matter what condition the saw is in.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. I wanted it for milling and as long as it was a runner I was going to be happy. It could have looked like complete **** and I wouldn't have cared a lick.

It seemed to me your patience was running thin. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spending what was a whole lot of money to me on a saw that couldn't get any boards milled. Keep in mind this was before I realized what a trustworthy group of guys were on AS.

astnmacgto likes this.
  5. pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600 Lost in Space Staff Member

It looks like this saw has been sold. It is up to the seller/OP to delete the sale once its been carried out or he can send a PM to any of the moderators on here and ask to have it removed. The only other way we as moderators would be alerted to a problem is if someone sends in a ,report post, and then we look into it. I doubt very much if any of the moderators on here read every single post made on this site, I know I certainly do not. If any member see`s something they legitimately think is a problem then send in a report and it will be looked into quickly, notice I did not state immediately as the moderators do not live on here. We only check in when we feel like it, we are all volunteers and have a life outside AS. Thank you for alerting me to this thread and now it will be locked for a short period and eventually deleted.

Jacob J. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.