• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

SOLD!!!! Stihl 084

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think when a saw is sold the admin. needs to remove it ! It is sold and there is absolutely no reason for it to be taking up space at the top knocking out others trying to sell their saws. sold is no longer available .02
I see what you mean, especially in this particular case, though I think having historical pricing info is a good tool for pricing saws.

Perhaps once they are marked sold they could go to a separate place other than the trading post. The "Traded Post" perhaps?

ash man

ash man

ArboristSite Guru
When you buy expensive items online from total strangers, often times sending the $ in advance it can be a scary indeaver. I've personally bought some saws on AS and couldn't be happier, but the only way to qualify a seller is feed back like this. I think it's very informative. My .02

BigOakAdot

BigOakAdot

ArboristSite newb
I think you're misunderstanding what I was saying. You weren't looking out for my best interest by not selling me the saw. You were fed up and and basically said I know your type you'll never be happy no matter what condition the saw is in.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. I wanted it for milling and as long as it was a runner I was going to be happy. It could have looked like complete **** and I wouldn't have cared a lick.

It seemed to me your patience was running thin. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spending what was a whole lot of money to me on a saw that couldn't get any boards milled. Keep in mind this was before I realized what a trustworthy group of guys were on AS.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
@pioneerguy600 so much for your sticky !
It looks like this saw has been sold. It is up to the seller/OP to delete the sale once its been carried out or he can send a PM to any of the moderators on here and ask to have it removed. The only other way we as moderators would be alerted to a problem is if someone sends in a ,report post, and then we look into it. I doubt very much if any of the moderators on here read every single post made on this site, I know I certainly do not. If any member see`s something they legitimately think is a problem then send in a report and it will be looked into quickly, notice I did not state immediately as the moderators do not live on here. We only check in when we feel like it, we are all volunteers and have a life outside AS. Thank you for alerting me to this thread and now it will be locked for a short period and eventually deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.