• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this saw actually sold or what? Money exchange hands??

I can read, but sometimes I can't comprehend what is written. :crazy:

Maybe this will help:

MV5BY2I0ZGI0MzItN2RhZi00ZmQ3LWI5MmUtNWE2MTAxZmY5Njc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I think we are all pretty "proud of" IT.

You try to make me feel guilty for insulting you in this thread?
I will not lower myself to typing insults directed at you... I am not sure why you feel the need to type foull langauge and insults.
Is there is a reason that you feel the need to type insults?
Yes you did. When you ask a question you should refer to the person by his or her correct name
I am truly amazed at your ability to type insults.
Most folks I know are not proud of their ability to type insults. It is apparent you are.
Well the folks I know do not take too kindly to insults nor ignorance.
And here's what you wrote to another member in another thread.
Hello...D*ck

You make me chuckle. In the liberal words of ole Dr Phil "It aint about yooooooooooooou"

Hello D*ck,

Too bad some jackass asked me a ton of questions and had me dig parts out only to end up being a lowballing prick

You never know. The truth may hurt but it is still the truth
Most folks I know do not take kindly to people being total f*cking hypocrites, like @Bill G.

I'm sure I could dig up more of these insulting posts if I tried. Grow up and quit being such an assh*le.

I can't believe I read all the way through this. I would have bought the saw at that price if I had been looking......wish I had been.

Shea

Good buy and it must have been a good sell, he ain't complaining.

I can't believe I read all the way through this. I would have bought the saw at that price if I had been looking......wish I had been.

Shea

Good buy and it must have been a good sell, he ain't complaining.

Hello Shea,

That is the way it should work always and the seller was as good as gold.

Bill

Let's be real, there's nothing wrong with Bill getting to this saw first. That's just the way it works and I see no problem with him buying it and doing whatever he wants with it.

With that being said, I too had a not so happy experience dealing with Bill. I believe it was an 090 and I was in the market for a milling saw. Given I was new and never sent big money like that to someone I met online, I asked a lot of questions. He got fed up and said I wouldn't be happy no matter what and that's why he wouldn't sell me the saw.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding but bottom line is I wouldn't seriously consider buying anything from
Him after that experience. Not trying to bash just putting in my two cents.

Well I do not remember that specific deal but since you have now brought it up?

Bill this was years ago. I just looked at the PM's but I believe the end of the convo was either text or email.

It wasn't anything malicious we just couldn't agree on a price and I think you were under the impression that I was kicking tires. So you basically just said I'm not selling it to you because I wouldn't be happy with the saw.

I think I just offended you by asking so many questions because I hadn't done many dealings on the site.

I should have just kept my mouth shut. Like I said it was nothing malicious, just felt like you didn't give people the benefit of the doubt.

And as I said before there's no harm in paying an asking price on a saw that pops up in the tradin post. I was jealous too when I saw how much of a deal you got on that 084. First come first serve.

Carry on.

....................... So you basically just said I'm not selling it to you because I wouldn't be happy with the saw........................

So I am lost at how that is a bad thing? Would you have been happier if I sold you a saw that would not meet the needs that you had? To me I would appreciate a seller that is honest and tells me I will not be happy with my purchase before I make it. That is being straight up and honest. I could have easily sold you a saw that would not meet your needs and pocketed the cash. I did not do that I told you the truth and killed a sale. I am not sure why you have chosen to bash me for being a honest guy

So I am lost at how that is a bad thing? Would you have been happier if I sold you a saw that would not meet the needs that you had? To me I would appreciate a seller that is honest and tells me I will not be happy with my purchase before I make it. That is being straight up and honest. I could have easily sold you a saw that would not meet your needs and pocketed the cash. I did not do that I told you the truth and killed a sale. I am not sure why you have chosen to bash me for being a honest guy

Actually, Bill, I think the critiques he has made of you as a seller are far from bashing. I think he is in fact being "straight up and honest". In his description your interactions, he's definitely given you the benefit the doubt from what i can see. Aren't you, as a seller interested in the experiences your customers have when dealing with your?

Perhaps not coincidentally, I had a very similar experience as Bigoakadot. You replied to my wanted ad, I pursued the conversation, but didn't end up buying your item. I found that you treated me rudely when i politely told you that I'd found what I needed elsewhere. You could have said "that's great, I'm happy you found what you needed", but instead treated me with disdain. As such, I like Bigoakadot would definitely not consider doing business with you in the future. I hope you see that this isn't bashing, I'm just trying to be an "honest guy".

Actually, Bill, I think the critiques he has made of you as a seller are far from bashing. I think he is in fact being "straight up and honest". In his description your interactions, he's definitely given you the benefit the doubt from what i can see. Aren't you, as a seller interested in the experiences your customers have when dealing with your?

Perhaps not coincidentally, I had a very similar experience as Bigoakadot. You replied to my wanted ad, I pursued the conversation, but didn't end up buying your item. I found that you treated me rudely when i politely told you that I'd found what I needed elsewhere. You could have said "that's great, I'm happy you found what you needed", but instead treated me with disdain. As such, I like Bigoakadot would definitely not consider doing business with you in the future. I hope you see that this isn't bashing, I'm just trying to be an "honest guy".
Same, like all of it.

Since you asked:

1. Hey Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to give me a quote. Another member offered me a lightly used 32" Oregon bar with a chain and a square file shipped for $85. I'd rather have a 36", but I can't say no to that price. Again, thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

Have a nice weekend.

Ryan'smilling, Oct 8, 2016Report

2. Bill GAddicted to ArboristSite
    Well you NEVER asked about 32"bars nor square filed chain. You said 36"and semi chisel. Hell there are stacks of 32" here and rolls of Oregon Square

Bill G, Oct 8, 2016Report

3. Ryan'smillingArboristSite Operative

No, you're right I didn't. Like I said, I would prefer a 36". Someone offered me what I think is a great deal on a 32", though. A good enough deal that I'll compromise on what I want. I've never had square filed stuff, but I'm happy to try it, since he's giving me a free file.

If there's a lightly used 32" bar and chain (round is fine) combo that you can get to my door for under $85, i would be happy to consider purchasing from you.

I'm not trying to waste your time, nor engage you in a bidding war. I apologize if I did anything wrong by not mentioning that I would consider a 32".

Thanks

Ryan'smilling, Oct 8, 2016Report

4. Bill GAddicted to ArboristSite
    I prefer to deal with specifics. If i want something specific that is what I am after I will be interested to see how that square filed works out since you asked about semi chisel. I hope you are a faller and not bucking nor god forbid on a landing

Bill G, Oct 8, 2016Report

5. Ryan'smillingArboristSite Operative

Thanks again for taking the time to offer me a 36" bar and chain. I do appreciate it.

I'm sorry that the news that i am buying a bar from someone else upset you. I merely mentioned it so you would know why I'm not buying a bar from you. I don't think your price is out of line out anything.

I'm not a professional. I'm not a feller, bucker, nor, "God forbid" on a landing.

I'm interested in how a square filed chain works for me also. Yeah, I'd prefer round ground semi chisel, but again, I'm willing to compromise. It'll be fun to try to learn a new skill.

I'm sorry that I haven't been specific enough for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write me a snarky message.

I continue to hope you have a nice weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back