Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a Stihl 084 for sale. It is used professionally, but most importantly, maintained professionally. Is this a good, desireable saw model? It has a few cosmetic marks on it, but runs really strong. Anyone interested?

I own one and think it a bit overkill for most work.
That said, it would be a good choice for a chainsaw mill or bucking/falling BIG wood.
As far as reliablity others here would be more qualified than I to comment.
Depends how much $ as well, I think they are over $1000 U.S.
up here over $1500.

Thanks Keener. I saw the saw and heard it run, it looked and sounded strong. I think he wants around $700 to $750 for it. It would be a good deal for someone in the market. I know what you mean about overkill. I have a 460 and it is a lot of saw for what I need!

Toolmaker, I own 2 084's. Both have served me well over the years. All parts and acessories are still available for them. As far as used value goes I wouldn't pay more then $700 for the saw. Be sure to check for damage, cracks, etc around the area where the lower muffler tabs mount to the crankcase halfs. Also check cylinder for obvious wear. Happy sawin'

Latest posts

Back