• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulhead

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Going to sell one of my other 084's. I'm starting at $800, plus shipping. No trades, however price is somewhat flexible.

Cosmetically this one is a lot nicer then the other 084, I sold few weeks back.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-084.319791/#post-6537154

Gas tank on this 084 is not all sun faded out. Overall it's just a nicer saw. I pulled the muffler and covers when I 1st got this 084, no stripped screws that I found. Muffler does not have any cracks. Cylinder looks nice, no cracked or broken fins. It has the HD filter system which is sought after.

I've owned this one for about 2 years, bought it from a local tree guy I know, it was stored with gas in it for several years. I dumped the old out and put in fresh, but it will not fire and run on her own. It will run a few seconds if you pour mix down the throat of the carb. Plan on rebuilding the carb, replacing the lines etc.

Lotta of potential with this saw!

Attachments

• DSCN9680.JPG
    DSCN9680.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
  • DSCN9681.JPG
    DSCN9681.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • DSCN9683.JPG
    DSCN9683.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • DSCN9684.JPG
    DSCN9684.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
  • DSCN9685.JPG
    DSCN9685.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
Going to sell one of my other 084's. I'm starting at $800, plus shipping. No trades, however price is somewhat flexible.

Cosmetically this one is a lot nicer then the other 084, I sold few weeks back.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-084.319791/#post-6537154

Gas tank on this 084 is not all sun faded out. Overall it's just a nicer saw. I pulled the muffler and covers when I 1st got this 084, no stripped screws that I found. Muffler does not have any cracks. Cylinder looks nice, no cracked or broken fins. It has the HD filter system which is sought after.

I've owned this one for about 2 years, bought it from a local tree guy I know, it was stored with gas in it for several years. I dumped the old out and put in fresh, but it will not fire and run on her own. It will run a few seconds if you pour mix down the throat of the carb. Plan on rebuilding the carb, replacing the lines etc.

Lotta of potential with this saw!
Looks lik

Looks like a nice saw. I' looking for a mufler for one. Even a rusty one to repair or having something to go off of to make a new one .

I pulled the muffler & covers off of this 084 today to get some more pics.

I've worked on a few jobs with the guy who owned this saw since new, he likes to keep his saws tuned rich, piston looks to have some carbon marks on the lower part. Rotating the piston to bottom of stroke I can see a far bit carbon on the top of the cylinder.

Attachments

• DSCN9710.JPG
    DSCN9710.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • DSCN9711.JPG
    DSCN9711.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • DSCN9712.JPG
    DSCN9712.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • DSCN9713.JPG
    DSCN9713.JPG