• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryNut

Reaction score
I’m looking for a Stihl 088. Respectfully, not looking for a project but one that hasn’t been abused, but still good shape and strong and ready to mill. I’ve seen a few 084s and know I just missed on the nice rebuild that was just sold here. But I’ve kinda talked myself into wanting the 088 since hopefully it would be a little newer and seems to be a little easier to get parts for but certainly wouldn’t completely rule out an 084 for the right deal. Those 088s sure seem to be a prized possession that don’t come available very often. Perhaps that says something in itself.
Thanks for looking and would appreciate any leads. I’m not able to keep a close eye on the forums as I’m super busy trying to get an old tobacco barn tore down, and projects too many to list. However if you want to shoot me a pm I’m happy to leave my number to call or text.

Thank you for that heads up. Haven’t stopped wanting one or looking just have been consumed with trying to get a tobacco barn my great grandpa built in the 1940s in KY back to TN. OAK IS HEAVY.

. A07E7A07-2440-4AE2-AF1A-A7106D368131.jpeg7F8A3C34-D0F2-440C-A85F-4EDD9E194C1E.jpeg0F9CF4B2-60D4-4E87-9D91-2C2BCE211D7A.png

No problem at all. Certainly understand. Thank you again for the pm exchange and for the courtesy post. Great gesture on your part.

Back